Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can you charge the Anafi battery with a batterypack?

Just completed a 24 day river trip with the Anafi. Used 2 power banks and a 60W folding solar panel to charge the Anafi batteries and controller. All worked well.

Reactions: Thanev and Zigzag84
I have test several PD power banks.Only one can recharge Anafi 16W by USB C to USB C cable.Charging time is about 100 minutes.The power bank is Aukey PB-Y7 of 30000mA.

I bought this one last year and it does my battery in about 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Reactions: Kes A
I bought this one last year and it does my battery in about 1 hour and 10 minutes.

It’s not PD power bank.The power of charge is less than 16W

It’s not PD power bank.The power of charge is less than 16W

So what LOL it still works very well and is a lot cheaper then a PD power pack. 1 hour and 10 minutes is not bad for that thing. Considering I got it on sale for 16 dollars I am very happy with it.

So what LOL it still works very well and is a lot cheaper then a PD power pack. 1 hour and 10 minutes is not bad for that thing. Considering I got it on sale for 16 dollars I am very happy with it.

Thanks! Just purchased one! I'm currently carrying around 3 power banks that weigh nearly 500g but only give me 18000mAh. I'll admit i have two batteries and have done a few two day trips and not needed to charge up the batteries. But the Phone+Vape always need a charge and i've nearly ran out of juice a few times so this will definitely help!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Hi Augustine,

That's a very impressive charging time.

At what battery percentage did you started the charging and get it to fully charged in 70 minutes? Also, about how many full charge to the Anafi battery you can get from this power bank? Thanks.

Regards from France

Saw this in the user guide:

'About USB-PD power banks: Parrot does not recommend users to invest in a USB-PD power bank, as not all of them support USB-C to USB-C charging of ’s battery. Indeed, due to the nature of the USB-C technology, some USB-PD power banks recharge on ’s smart battery, rather than the other way around.'

By saying “some don’t” it implies some can. But clearly that’s not true or they wouldn’t say “don’t recommend “.

The manual is bloated with clumsy writing like this. Super frustrating that the drone and software are so good, but the documentation is so bad.

Plus, Parrot should fix this instead of blaming every power bank maker. If a pb can charge a usb-c phone, it could charge the anafi. Maybe Parrot would need to cheat the USB-PD spec or make a special cable. But instead, they chose to have an engineer write some wonky text.

Thanks for your suggestions. We will be in large rafts and not crowded, 16 of us in six 18 foot rafts, so there is room for a panel to lay flat on the back. One person will be on the oars rowing and the others just riding along. The river twists and turns so it would be difficult to keep the panel angled towards the sun, but perhaps a passenger could tend to it. During the day we will be on the river and camping on the banks at night. We will be in deep canyons much of the time so the best light will be mid day when we are on the river. Much of the trip will be relatively calm water but there will be more than 80 big rapids in 280 miles. The solar panel would have to survive being splashed or dunked. We would have to stow it as we approach the larger rapids.
At camp, in the evenings, we would have a few hours of light before the sun drops behind the canyon walls and in the mornings perhaps an hour of sun before we hit the river again.
Why not put a car battery in a waterproof box?
Thanks for your suggestions. We will be in large rafts and not crowded, 16 of us in six 18 foot rafts, so there is room for a panel to lay flat on the back. One person will be on the oars rowing and the others just riding along. The river twists and turns so it would be difficult to keep the panel angled towards the sun, but perhaps a passenger could tend to it. During the day we will be on the river and camping on the banks at night. We will be in deep canyons much of the time so the best light will be mid day when we are on the river. Much of the trip will be relatively calm water but there will be more than 80 big rapids in 280 miles. The solar panel would have to survive being splashed or dunked. We would have to stow it as we approach the larger rapids.
At camp, in the evenings, we would have a few hours of light before the sun drops behind the canyon walls and in the mornings perhaps an hour of sun before we hit the river again.

Put a car battery in a waterproof case. Internet says: A fully charged 200 amp-hour battery will, in theory, deliver 20 amps for 10 hours or 2 amps for 100 hours. The charger draws 0.3 amps, so the battery will run the chargerfor a maximum of 666 hours ((20/0.3) amps * 10 hours). Due to inefficiencies in batteries, the actual time will be about 2/3 of this: 444 hours.
Internet:

Why not put a car battery in a waterproof box?

Put a car battery in a waterproof case. Internet says: A fully charged 200 amp-hour battery will, in theory, deliver 20 amps for 10 hours or 2 amps for 100 hours. The charger draws 0.3 amps, so the battery will run the chargerfor a maximum of 666 hours ((20/0.3) amps * 10 hours). Due to inefficiencies in batteries, the actual time will be about 2/3 of this: 444 hours.
Internet:
We did the trip in March of last year. I took a couple of power banks and a 60 watt folding solar panel. These worked well to keep my devices charged. One other person in our group provided an 80 watt solar panel and also a 12v lawnmower battery in a waterproof box. We only used the solar panels when at camp. The battery was hardly used.

My Puridea PD 18W 20000mAh works fine.
You need a USB-C to USB-C cable for PD to work.
Often Powerbanks have to be activated (Button) to start charging.

Ender

How long does it take to charge the anafi battery with that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking