Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can't update

jabingb

Reaction score
Just unboxed and flew for the first time this morn.

However the controller is at s/w ver 1.3.2 and wants to update to 1.8.2 which I attempted a number of times without success. It stalls while sending to drone, even let it run last night until the batteries gave out. There is no US phone # to contact and when I try to use support on-line my serial number is not accepted, thoughts?

IMG_1311.jpg

Just unboxed and flew for the first time this morn.

However the controller is at s/w ver 1.3.2 and wants to update to 1.8.2 which I attempted a number of times without success. It stalls while sending to drone, even let it run last night until the batteries gave out. There is no US phone # to contact and when I try to use support on-line my serial number is not accepted, thoughts?

View attachment 6049
Hello jabingb
What is your current versions for each of the following:
Freeflight 6?
Controller ?
Drone?
Looks like the photo you attached is just requesting FW update for only the drone
Were you able to update controller first?

Reactions: 70Falcon
Hello jabingb
What is your current versions for each of the following:
Freeflight 6?
Controller ?
Drone?
Looks like the photo you attached is just requesting FW update for only the drone
Were you able to update controller first?
BRC,
Brilliant, yes the controller needed an update, then the drone and now the batteries! Thx!!!

Reactions: 70Falcon and BRC
I have a controller that will not accept an update. I tried everything I could think of and have had a conversation with support which was no help at all. I tried catching the battery at every state of charge imaginable. I tried updating from 3 different android devices with different OS and 2 IOS devices (with same OS.) Keep us updated in case you find the magic sauce.

I bought this controller used and it functions correctly otherwise. I wanted to replace my original as the gimbals I fly do not return to center reliably. Altitude drift is a drag.

I have a controller that will not accept an update. I tried everything I could think of and have had a conversation with support which was no help at all. I tried catching the battery at every state of charge imaginable. I tried updating from 3 different android devices with different OS and 2 IOS devices (with same OS.) Keep us updated in case you find the magic sauce.

I bought this controller used and it functions correctly otherwise. I wanted to replace my original as the gimbals I fly do not return to center reliably. Altitude drift is a drag.
Hello Dang
What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?
What did parrot support suggest?

Hello Dang
Thanks BRC,

Parrot first said,
""Kindly drain the battery of the controller, recharge it again and then update it using the application and finally calibrate it.""
When that did not work they said,
""I am sorry to hear about the update issue with your controller. Kindly note that you just need to keep the controller open until it's fully drained and try to update it one more time.""
That was all they had to offer. I tried catching it at different states of charge and tried multiple times the multi-button reset. This controller is on 1.6.2. I thought maybe it was making too many jumps and asked Parrot if I could have a few older updates. Nope.

I was surprised that they did not suggest the reboot procedure.

Any thoughts? I don't throw things away so I still have it.

(oh, and as I said above. I tried with 2 different Ipads, Nexus 7 tablet, NVIDIA tablet and 2 pixel phones with different versions of Android.)

Hello Dang
BRC! You are the Anafi whisperer! I just tried again and it updated!!!! Kidding aside I suspect they fixed some small glitch as I read several accounts of the same behavior. However, if not for you it would have sat in the box so thank you!

Reactions: BRC
BRC! You are the Anafi whisperer! I just tried again and it updated!!!! Kidding aside I suspect they fixed some small glitch as I read several accounts of the same behavior. However, if not for you it would have sat in the box so thank you!
Really good to hear dang. Glad my telepathic “Whispering” prompted you to try again 😉. Which method provided the solution the hard multi button reset or drain the battery technique?
There were several posts last year with folks struggling with similar issues and parrot suggested same procedure although I don’t think it helped them.
Btw if you find a solution to get your sticks to return to neutral position please share
Happy flying

Really good to hear dang. Glad my telepathic “Whispering” prompted you to try again 😉. Which method provided the solution the hard multi button reset or drain the battery technique?
There were several posts last year with folks struggling with similar issues and parrot suggested same procedure although I don’t think it helped them.
Btw if you find a solution to get your sticks to return to neutral position please share
Happy flying
From back to front or bottom to top,

I investigated the gimbals and was disappointed that they were run of the mill cheapie game controller style. The only path to repair there would be remove and replace. I have a hot air rework station and have become adept at R&R but decided not to do it. I do not remember why I decided that and it has been quite a while since I opened the case. Sorry I don't have better info.

To succeed with the update I recharged from 25%, multi-button reset and simply tried the update on a Pixel 4a 5g with a fresh install of FreeFlight. My guess is that Parrot somehow improved the communication between the (hopefully) updated controller and the app. It's hard to say partly because so much time has past. I do remember some people simply unhooked after a failed update and discovered the controller was updated in spite of the app hanging. That was not the case for me in November of 2020 which was when I was last working on this and when Parrot communicated with me. They may have changed some small thing that hung the process.

I'll find time to encourage anyone who saved a controller that wouldn't update to try again. If you run in to any threads you could encourage the same.

Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut