Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CE or FCC modes outside USA/EU zones?

fischerfoto

Reaction score
Website
www.rafafischer.com
Hi!

Anyone knows if Anafi will operate in the US mode (2,4Ghz 21dBm / 5Ghz 22dBm) or EU mode (2,4Ghz 15dBm only) in countries outside the US or Europe areas? There is a article published in ANAFI - Wi-Fi range efficiency - Parrot Blog talking about the differences of each mode, but there isn't information about country lists outside US and EU zones or how the communication system will be adjusted based on that locations.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I tried searching here but can't find any specific post about this.

Hi!

Anyone knows if Anafi will operate in the US mode (2,4Ghz 21dBm / 5Ghz 22dBm) or EU mode (2,4Ghz 15dBm only) in countries outside the US or Europe areas? There is a article published in ANAFI - Wi-Fi range efficiency - Parrot Blog talking about the differences of each mode, but there isn't information about country lists outside US and EU zones or how the communication system will be adjusted based on that locations.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I tried searching here but can't find any specific post about this.
Use this guide of "dreamriper":
I Downloaded 'Fake GPS' from the Play Store.
Open the app and it gives you the link to 'developer options'
Enable developer options and look for the 'select mock location app' and tell it you want to use Fake GPS.
Go back to Fake GPS and move the map until you're in the heart of middle America (I chose somewhere in Nebraska) then press the green button.
Put your phone in airplane mode.
Connect the phone to the controller and it opens FreeFlight 6 automatically.
Power on the Anafi and let the controller find it.
Now go to options and network and voila, full spectrum of channels.View attachment 174
Change manual and set channel 165 in my city i got 2,5km in urban area at 150meters.

Reactions: Rui Barros
Hi Skassa!

Thanks for the reply :)

But, I think it nor aplies in this case. I an a Apple user, so, no fakegps for me :-(
Besides, I even don't know if the drone will select FCC or CE on my country. DJI drone choose CE on Brazil but it's a safe move of not choosing the top tier mode and going with the low power mode just in case...

Hi Skassa!

But, I think it nor aplies in this case. I an a Apple user, so, no fakegps for me :-(
Besides, I even don't know if the drone will select FCC or CE on my country. DJI drone choose CE on Brazil but it's a safe move of not choosing the top tier mode and going with the low power mode just in case...

Theres a guide on youtube for iphone -

Not sure it works with the latest update I will have to try it.

Hi Skassa!

Yes this guide is or android and old trick of change language to u.s.a. not work anymore with new firmware. For iphone is a bit complicated but possible try this guide of [maghiso]:

I'm going to share my experience on switching to FCC on my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 12 Beta. I won't talk about Android, which make the switch already possible.

As it is well known, iOS doesn't permit any GPS spoofing. I use Xcode on my iMac or MacBook Air to simulate my position in the USA. This is already known. The spoofing "unlocks" the FCC, with all the frequencies on (both 2.4 and 5). But, the telemetry won't work: so, the distance between the drone and the controller is not correct (well, it is, it shows the distance from the USA!) or is not shown at all on the FF6. It is still possible to fly, but of course with danger and serious limits to the flight modes too. RTH is not affected at all, because it works of the take-off point, which works on the drone's GPS.

So, how to fly in FCC mode with the correct and real telemetry? After connecting everything, you will see all the frequencies on under the Network panel. Switch your iPhone to airplane mode. Switch the iPhone off. It's not necessary to disconnect it from the controller, nor restart the controller. Just leave everything as it was. The drone status (on, off, restarted) doesn't matter at all. When the iPhone restarts, STILL in airplane mode, it will ask to connect to FF6 automatically, since it is still plugged in. Open FF6 and you will still have FCC on under the Network panel. But, at this point, the telemetry will be all right. If you open Maps or Google Maps, you won't be in the USA any longer. The spoofing terminates once the iPhone restarts, as it is known. But as long as you will stay in airplane mode, for some reason, FF6 will make FCC still available. As soon as you exit the airplane mode, the FCC immediately stops and the 2.4 frequency only will show. That's it!

Reactions: fischerfoto
Yes this guide is or android and old trick of change language to u.s.a. not work anymore with new firmware. For iphone is a bit complicated but possible try this guide of [maghiso]:

I'm going to share my experience on switching to FCC on my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 12 Beta. I won't talk about Android, which make the switch already possible.

As it is well known, iOS doesn't permit any GPS spoofing. I use Xcode on my iMac or MacBook Air to simulate my position in the USA. This is already known. The spoofing "unlocks" the FCC, with all the frequencies on (both 2.4 and 5). But, the telemetry won't work: so, the distance between the drone and the controller is not correct (well, it is, it shows the distance from the USA!) or is not shown at all on the FF6. It is still possible to fly, but of course with danger and serious limits to the flight modes too. RTH is not affected at all, because it works of the take-off point, which works on the drone's GPS.

So, how to fly in FCC mode with the correct and real telemetry? After connecting everything, you will see all the frequencies on under the Network panel. Switch your iPhone to airplane mode. Switch the iPhone off. It's not necessary to disconnect it from the controller, nor restart the controller. Just leave everything as it was. The drone status (on, off, restarted) doesn't matter at all. When the iPhone restarts, STILL in airplane mode, it will ask to connect to FF6 automatically, since it is still plugged in. Open FF6 and you will still have FCC on under the Network panel. But, at this point, the telemetry will be all right. If you open Maps or Google Maps, you won't be in the USA any longer. The spoofing terminates once the iPhone restarts, as it is known. But as long as you will stay in airplane mode, for some reason, FF6 will make FCC still available. As soon as you exit the airplane mode, the FCC immediately stops and the 2.4 frequency only will show. That's it!

Good point! I can´t find anyone who have an Anafi in Brasil to see if it will select FCC or CE, but if I need to bypass this, your instructions will be valuable!

Parrot service has linked to this document as a user posted in another forum:
Link

Great information! If Parrot follow this able, I´m in the bright side because My country have in theory, the same limits as the USA :)
My Anafi will arrive in November 3 here in Brasil, so I'll post updates about this behavior.

could you make the video for above tutorial?

Use this guide of "dreamriper":
I Downloaded 'Fake GPS' from the Play Store.
Open the app and it gives you the link to 'developer options'
Enable developer options and look for the 'select mock location app' and tell it you want to use Fake GPS.
Go back to Fake GPS and move the map until you're in the heart of middle America (I chose somewhere in Nebraska) then press the green button.
Put your phone in airplane mode.
Connect the phone to the controller and it opens FreeFlight 6 automatically.
Power on the Anafi and let the controller find it.
Now go to options and network and voila, full spectrum of channels.View attachment 174
Change manual and set channel 165 in my city i got 2,5km in urban area at 150meters.

Isn't that going to be a problem for RTH though ?

No problem and if you pause fakegps after change the channel you have a correct position on the controller. But if not same the anafi rth back on the drone takeoff position not on the controller.

ok, great ! And if you want to do follow me you can pause "Fake GPS" too and it will work ok?

ok, great ! And if you want to do follow me you can pause "Fake GPS" too and it will work ok?
Yes you need to enable only gps in android smarthphone options and disable high precision over wifi and net if not the fcc will be disable and back on 2.4ghz ce. Set manual channel 166 not auto 5ghz button.

Reactions: Giordan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame