Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Changing Gimbal

SalsaDura

Reaction score
Hi friends. Simple question. Is it possible to swap gimbal taken from Thermal Anafi to Regular Anafi? Will it work with thermal feature enabled? Thx for an answer...

Whether it is physically possible I do not know but I do know that the serial number of the camera/gimbal controller is hard coded to the Anafi motherboard. As far as I know nobody has managed to recode the motherboard to the serial number of a replacement gimbal/camera to make it work.

Hi friends. Simple question. Is it possible to swap gimbal taken from Thermal Anafi to Regular Anafi? Will it work with thermal feature enabled? Thx for an answer...

I can answer : No you can .
even regular anafi to regular anafi you cannot swap it, the motherboard has code.

One more question then..Does it make any sense to buy blacklisted thermal Anafi? Dont know the reason for being blacklisted but it was a customer return and it is 1/3 of the price, comes with 3 batteries..?

• Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
It doesn't take off although starting procedure perform, seller described problem as anafi being blacklisted by parrot, is it even possible?

It doesn't take off although starting procedure perform, seller described problem as anafi being blacklisted by parrot, is it even possible?

Yes from what I have read. Seems there is some kind of black list that Parrot keeps. Someone on here had three black listed from Amazon.

Embedded in the FF6 APK is a "Blacklist" that had around 30+ serial numbers in it last time I checked. Some in theory it would be possible to edit that Blacklist IF your serial number is in it.

Might be worth seeing if the seller will give you the Serial number and we can check the blacklist.

There's no guarantee thats the only blacklist, maybe something else when it communicates with Parrot servers. I cannot see them depending on an easily accessible text file in the software.

And it seems to be in the fw of the bird or in the APP
So no online contact needed to ground that bird!

I reckon as Auriga uses the Parrot SDK, it would potentially have that embedded in it as well, also, I would be fairly sure that the drone would be talking to Parrot servers as the core of the software belongs to Parrot.

The question I would be wanting to ask myself is what is the true reason its blacklisted? another "out of the backdoor" job at Amazon? Ram raid/wagon theft. Various reasons, and IF you were found with it, would there be any come back if PC plod came knocking.

I personally wouldn't want to touch anything thats previously been blacklisted, and I dont just mean drones. So much unknown.

What happens if you manage to get it to fly, 3mins into flight and at 150m height and it talks to Parrot servers and they block it, smashes to pieces on the ground. Not as if you could claim warranty on it, and thats assuming it didn't hit someone or something.

I reckon as Auriga uses the Parrot SDK, it would potentially have that embedded in it as well, also, I would be fairly sure that the drone would be talking to Parrot servers as the core of the software belongs to Parrot.
If you cut off your phone from internet it won't communicate, the only problem I can image is embed that blacklist in the bird. Otherwise It should be possible to edit that blacklist inside the app...

I think Parrot would be one step ahead and probably embed the blacklist in the firmware on the drone itself, and as we know, nobody has managed to crack their encrypted system to interrogate the system/firmware.

As you say, you can ensure it never connects to the internet, but personally, I would avoid, to many "If's and but's"

And ultimately, what are you going to do in the situation where you cannot hack the blacklist? you are left with a drone you cannot fly or do anything with, you could probably part of some elements of it, but camera/gimbal and motherboard are married with embedded code, along with the blacklist possibly.

If its that much of a bargain, and you can spare the cash, take a punt.

I have to say I been flying drones since late 2014 and have had DJI, Yuneec, Autel and Parrot. This is the first time I have ever heard of a black list for drones. Maybe I missed it for the others but if it was a common thing I am sure I would have at least read about it in that time period. Seems strange to me they would even bother keeping a list.

I know Yuneec never had anything, neither did DJI, well not on the Mavic pro, as that one got hacked wide open. I only saw it on the Parrot when we were looking at the APK some months back, around the time one of the members had bought 3 Anafi's from Amazon, and turned out they were all blacklisted.

In fact a search should turn up the text file that was embedded in the APK as we posted on the forum. I suppose Parrot were only looking after their own interests if a load had gone walkies.

On amazon you can buy wholesale packages of different items, customers return. I think this drone comes from such a package. Anyway, it would be nice to buy a drone for 1/3 of the price that can fly!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville