Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Charging times

It’s pretty common for devices these days to not include a charger. The extended version of the Anafi comes with 3! USBC cables so that you can basically charger all three batteries at the same time or the controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Element
Last edited:
The annoying thing is that if you want fast charge you really need a USB-C PD one, few people have any of those and it's not easy for them to make sure they buy the right one. Yes everyone has an USB charger, but it's going to take 2+ hours to charge with it.

I don't mind becasue I do have several PD devices and chargers, but that's not the common case.

Io ho USB C velocità e alcuni lenti. Devo dire che preferisco caricare lentamente, anche 3 ore e 30 minuti. La batteria sicuramente dice grazie:)

It's a shame we don't get a charger with the drone, but

I think the choice for them wasn't between including a USB charger or not.

It was between
*having no charger but using a standard like USB-C
or
*like almost all of their previous drones using a proprietary charger.

I was kind of pleased when I found that the disco had a standard connector at least, I can charge it with a generic lipo charger, and do standard things like discharge a battery, or log charging with DataExplorer and see the balance for things, stuff you can't do with their included charger.

With the Anafi I have the choice now between using the Anker charger I bought specifically to charge it, or the USB battery pack I take camping, or using my macbook pro's USB-C charger, or I guess I could even sacrifice some charge from the macbook itself to charge it, or if I'm not in a hurry charge it from any one of the 30-40 USB-A ports I have scattered all over the place.

Sure it's a pain when you have a USB-C device that doesn't do PD, but it'll charge still most of the time, and USB-C is quickly becoming the favored port for new devices. If apple switches over to usb-c for iphones as they did with the ipad, that's nearly half of people buying a new phone getting a USB-C charger too. Seems like all the Android phone manufacturers are already on board. If wireless charging doesn't supplant it right away, over the next year or so you're going to find that pretty much everyone has a USB-C charger of one kind or another in the house.

I think the choice for them wasn't between including a USB charger or not.

It was between
*having no charger but using a standard like USB-C
or
*like almost all of their previous drones using a proprietary charger.
Not at all, there's no reason to have to make a "choice", it would cost them $5 to include a proper PD charger, but it's just one of those many trademark Parrot nonsensical choices.

Parrot poteva inserire un caricabatterie da $ 5. Se lo avessi messo, molte persone criticavano: "Parrot carica i droni da 699 $ e mette un caricabatterie da 5 $. Sicuro andava per finire così.:)

Last edited:
Just wanna say thank you guys for all the responses, this is a really friendly forum. Going to be honest, when I spent like a week obsessively researching what drone to get, I noticed it was the parrot guys that were more humble and nicer. I decided to go with this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Prem...547368742&sr=1-2&keywords=anker+usb+c+charger that was recommended here just simply because it was .co.uk as I'm based i the UK so cheers man.

I managed to take the drone out on Monday and the conditions couldn't have been worse really for a first fly. Up to 28 mph winds, yet the anafi seemingly handled holding its position ~90% of the time which really impressed me and from the footage you wouldn't have known that it was literally tilting itself towards the wind just to hold position. I also managed to bring it down and land it on my hand which was fantastic since the field was so wet and muddy. Sadly it was a dark grim day, so even though the quality of the footage was nice I didn't get a good idea of what it would look like so far as I'm crossing my fingers for a lovely clear day with low winds to get some great shots. Just can't wait for winter to end because flying in near civil twilight after work hours isn't cutting it.

But yeah, any tips for flying at higher ranges/height would be appreciated as I don't know the limitations of it.

Reactions: RivasErik
I guess by not including a charger the price is a little lower and no need to comply with various electrical safety standards for mains powered equipment.

The same Anafi package can be sold anywhere.

Is there any risk (short or long term) to charging faster using the USB-C PD charger and cable ? I agree, I've got a bunch of chargers laying around already. My fastest is an mpow I got, which always charges my iphone super fast. I'll probably get a new charger for the anafi only use ... which has at least 3 USB and 1 PD jack on it ... ravpower maybe.

I've been using the Google Pixel 2 18W wall charger and it charges up the Anafi battery from roughly 15% in about 90 minutes. You can pick them up from Walmart and Amazon for $15, and even less on eBay. It comes with a nice sturdy cable too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320