Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chrome joysticks better?

Air Raid

Reaction score
Spring was late in coming, but I'm finally able to put my BB2 FPV through it's paces. I was very disappointed to discover that my usable range is only 900-1000 ft. I've watched Youtube videos where the pilot clearly demonstrates a range of well over a mile. The only difference I can see that those videos employ a Skycontroller 2 with chrome joysticks. Mine is all black.
  • iPhone in airplane mode
  • 2.4 GHz channel
  • No WiFi interference
  • All black Skycontroller
I don't feel much like modifying my controller, so I'm thinking about options:

1. Look for a Chrome joystick Skycontroller (if that even makes a difference)
2. Buy a WiFi range extender. Trash the Skycontroller and Freeflight Pro

Considerations with option 2: I really want to fly with goggles, which means I can't use the phone for control. The skycontroller will not (at least to my knowledge connect with a range extender. So, I would retire the Skycontroller, and Freeflight Pro, and use a Bluetooth game pad (which I have) as a controller, and BeBop Pro (which I have).

All said, I prefer option 1, because I don't want to have to manage more stuff.

Any input is appreciated.

Spring was late in coming, but I'm finally able to put my BB2 FPV through it's paces. I was very disappointed to discover that my usable range is only 900-1000 ft. I've watched Youtube videos where the pilot clearly demonstrates a range of well over a mile. The only difference I can see that those videos employ a Skycontroller 2 with chrome joysticks. Mine is all black.
  • iPhone in airplane mode
  • 2.4 GHz channel
  • No WiFi interference
  • All black Skycontroller
I don't feel much like modifying my controller, so I'm thinking about options:

1. Look for a Chrome joystick Skycontroller (if that even makes a difference)
2. Buy a WiFi range extender. Trash the Skycontroller and Freeflight Pro

Considerations with option 2: I really want to fly with goggles, which means I can't use the phone for control. The skycontroller will not (at least to my knowledge connect with a range extender. So, I would retire the Skycontroller, and Freeflight Pro, and use a Bluetooth game pad (which I have) as a controller, and BeBop Pro (which I have).

All said, I prefer option 1, because I don't want to have to manage more stuff.

Any input is appreciated.

Have you tried setting your location to usa when setting up freeflight pro this will up your skycontroller output wattage , usa opperates under laws to europe ie less regulated ..
regards Darren

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian