Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Controller weight "fix"

Kilrah

Reaction score
In case some of you like me find the Anafi controller ridiculously heavy, be aware that a third of the weight comes from 2 dead weights totalling 113gr that can easily be removed.

Balance with a phone is a bit less good without them, but I don't think it's going to be very noticeable in real life and I'd rather have the weight saving.
Screws are Torx T6, need a screwdriver, the common bits are too short.

IMG_20180924_200533.jpg
IMG_20180924_200549.jpg

Last edited:
Nope didn't take the holder apart, my "drone" phone just fits as is, and with my everyday one it's not the width but the thickness that doesn't work anyway...

Thanks for sharing! Now if we can just find a simple mod to improve the range of the controller...

What are the benefits. It s not like controller weight affects the drone... if any thing it must make the controller / phone top heavy, doesn’t it?
Just didn't feel right to me as unnecessarily heavy every time I was picking it up...

The propeller Torx T6 will also open up the controller, both use same size screws.

Psul

yep, I knew that (y) was just wondering if it was simple enough to get to the underside of the USB-A socket as it has come loose and needs re-soldering to the PCB as do the 4 contact points, I didn't want to take things apart only to be hampered with any hurdles..... :cool:;):)

how easy is it to get to the underside of the USB-A socket???
You have to:
- remove 6 screws on the back cover
- disconnect antenna and battery cables
- remove 2 screws fixing front cover (here you need a longer screwedriver than the standard propeller Torx key)
- remove 2 screws fixing USB-A PCB

You have to:
- remove 6 screws on the back cover
- disconnect antenna and battery cables
- remove 2 screws fixing front cover (here you need a longer screwedriver than the standard propeller Torx key)
- remove 2 screws fixing USB-A PCB

Aye, cheers... sussed it all out eventually... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut