Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Crashed Anafi, now no SD card error!

Chorobe

Reaction score
Well the other day I crashed my Anafi. It was my fault, I was flying low altitude and clipped leaves and branches of a tree...which caused it to fall on asphalt from about 15 or so feet up.

Messed up some prop screws so a couple props now bind, also one of the motor mounts for one prop got slightly bent inward. Amazingly, it still hovers fine, but when I tested it, I didn't have the SD card in. I realized I had a problem when I put the SD card in and it didn't recognize any card in there. I tried both the original and another low capacity SD card I had lying around. They are both formatted with FAT32 using a Windows PC. Both can be read by the PC, but not recognized by the Anafi. I did check the connector from the SD card to the board and it was fine, I even unplugged and replugged to make sure (they have a soldered metal bracket to keep the SD card and bottom camera in place so I had to lift that bracket a bit). Plugging the included USB-C cable directly to the drone and then to my computer does not recognize any drives being plugged in.

So I'm guessing either the impact broke the SD card assembly/ribbon cable or the mainboard has a messed up component.

What do you guys think? At this point I can either just fly as an FPV drone and maybe use my phone's screen capture to sort of record video, or fix it...or sell it like it is.

If you are planning on getting another one maybe just keep it around for spare parts.

That's true. I just saw one sell on ebay for a bit over $200. That one didn't even fly. So people are willing to buy even a broken one to have spare parts.

Did you ever fix the problem of the card not getting read? I had a similar experience. Drone crashed, landed upside down, and worked fine, except the it would not read the card. Card tested fine in other drones.

Did you ever fix the problem of the card not getting read? I had a similar experience. Drone crashed, landed upside down, and worked fine, except the it would not read the card. Card tested fine in other drones.
No I was not able to. Ended up selling it.

Hey Van Manen Photo... where you able to solve this issue? I am going through exactly the same situation described but I am unable to solve this and make it work...

Thanks,
FE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood