Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dead battery

rmturner54

Reaction score
Any way to revive a totally dead battery, charger does not recognize the battery. Charger lights do not come on. I have 2 chargers, so I know its a batery issue.
Thanks

Hooking up battery to charger,plugging into wall outlet,waiting 30 seconds ,unplugging from wall and repeating all this many many many times
or
hooking up good battery to charger,once it starts charging remove good battery and connect bad battery to charger...really fast.....,the point ist to trick charger into charging bad battery.......i also remember guy using reg.9v battery to restart dead battery but i dont remember how he did it nor do i recommend it

I managed to get drone charger to recognize the battery. First Measured battery at 1.1V, Took my portable 12/6V charger and hooked to battery for several minutes. Voltage raised enough for drone charger to see it. Battery has bben on charge all night with flashing red light.

Reactions: Skydreamer
It was a multipurpose charger, when turning it on and connected to battery it auto recognized it as lithium battery. I monitored the charge voltage hoping battery would get enough residual voltage to work.

Flashing red light indicates the charger is not charging the battery. The voltage is too low for the charger to allow it. First, is the battery packs swollen? if they are DO NOT try to charge them, toss them.

Mike

Thats what I thought, thanks. I have ordered a new battery.
Hard to sell a complete package drone with only 1 battery.

I just opened mine up after recieving it two xmas ago and flew it in my kitchen for 7 seconds. It too had a dead battery that had been left on the drone.

Initially left it 20min no indicator.
Plugged it into drone, one blue flash
Plugged it into charger... red light then blinking after about an hour.

Plugged into drone. 62% - loose prop screws 3 went skyward - oops one screw missing dang.
Recharge battery, it reaches 80% at green.
Flew it 3-4mins down to daughters house, landed in patio, came back. Used 9% or so.

its on charger hoping it wants to push higher than 80%- gonna allow it to charge until ready to capture some neighborhood fireworks or get shot down.

happy july 4th!

sydeburnz

Reactions: rmturner54
Hi. I just revived a dead battery which had sit in the drone without usage for more than 2years. Basically you need to connect two aa batteries together (to get 3+ V) and connect them to the left pair of connectors on the battery. And then plug in charger (on top of your construction). This tricks charger to think your battery is fine. In couple of minutes you can disconnect your 2 aa batteries and continue normal charging.

Hi. I just revived a dead battery which had sit in the drone without usage for more than 2years. Basically you need to connect two aa batteries together (to get 3+ V) and connect them to the left pair of connectors on the battery. And then plug in charger (on top of your construction). This tricks charger to think your battery is fine. In couple of minutes you can disconnect your 2 aa batteries and continue normal charging.
If you are still active here, could you please elaborate a little bit on that?

hi,
after doing so, the light stays green and when I disconnect the batteries it turns off and doesn't seem to charge. Is this normal or should the light turn red? It seems that by doing the battery thing it detects that the battery is already charged.
thanks in advance

imo you should just buy a new battery before you burn your house down playing tricks with lipos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K