Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Deleted Thread

Back in July 2018 just after Anafi was released I had mine go underwater after an 18 minute flight.
Been there, done that. I feel your pain.

Recovered it two hours later at about 50 feet deep, threw it in rice for a few days and it flies fine. It recorded 6 minutes of video in 4K underwater. It's my parts bird now, but I just flew it today to get the new firmware update. Flew my trio with no problems today. I didn't go through everything Parrot said they fixed but did three 10 minute flights.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180713-143103_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20180713-143103_Maps.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 18.30.48.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 18.30.48.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 18.33.08.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 18.33.08.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 18.33.37.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 18.33.37.png
    4 MB · Views: 55
I hope you are able to retrieve it
The buildings in the first picture are set a lot further back than it seems! There's a road + park between them and the lake. I can assure that's the correct place :) I watched the anafi go down.. still haunts me to think about the tremendous splash it made in the calm waters :oops:

i've attached couple more pictures highlighting the same building from different perspectives. perhaps this may show clearer locations? :)
@SwiftyNI I owe you an apology., this was taken where it seems, I was looking at the grey roofed building further towards the piers & couldn't match it with the point of view of your image across the lake.

I hope it is able to be retrieved somehow & that Parrot can indeed access the flight logs to work out what happened with your Anafi's weird behaviour. I always assumed that they are written to the micro SD card, hopefully that's not actually the case.

All the best with it all, I've found Parrot's support staff to be very good here in Australia, the original French person I dealt with wasn't very helpful at all.

Title says it all folks...
**Drone was not retrieved, although my step-mother insisted on jumping into the freezing lake to poke around for it *see attached photo :')

I feel your pain having had a similar experience (lost drone) - I wonder how many incidents result in an unrecoverable Anafi (and flight logs). I have contacted Parrot regards warranty and so far it has been a data gathering process - with the last email wanting a picture of the damaged Anafi - D'Oh!

How long have you had the Anafi / number of flights?
Did it fall straight down or veer off to one side?

Last edited:
Maybe there's hope for my Bebop 2 that ended up a 100 foot tree in the remote Georgia Mountains! Had to leave it there when our vacation was over two days later. I'll go back and check for it if I can ever get back that way...

I'm not 100% but i think it span a bit and then plummeted.. Flights recorded on FF6 are 130 although probably 80-90 of these are tests or silly flights for seconds at most. I guess if they want photos of yours they'll want some of mine! better get diving soon then since my flight home is on Sunday morning :rolleyes: hahaha
Probably a motor failure and the Anafi decided to shut down. Good luck with your search - I think it would definitely help with your warranty claim.

There have been many replacements where the owner is not able to retrieve the Anafi. Some at the bottom of lakes like yours and others deep in the forests like what happened to mine last month. I can only post the procedure I had to go through so here goes. First I sent of a email to Parrot explaining as much as I could as to what happened. Next day they sent out a email asking for more information. They had a form type letter that I guess they use for this purpose. I filled it out and made sure my answers did not make them feel it was pilot error. The who process took 3 days to get approved.
Here is the form they wanted me to fill out:

To assist me in dealing with your inquiry as quickly and efficiently as possible, can you please provide me with the following information:

How long have you owned the Drone?

What was the date and time of the incident?

What piloting device was being used?

Were you using a Smartphone/tablet at the time, if YES what model & software version?

Were you using Touch&Fly, follow-me, Magic dronies or Autoshots at the time of the incident?

Were you using Flight Plan at the time, if YES please send a copy of the plan mapping along with the animations screen?

Can you please provide a screen shot for the piloting application showing the drones information screen (Within FreeFlight tap on the drones name) Example below:

Were there any error messages displayed at the time on your piloting device?

Did you have the Geoffence within FreeFlight Pro activated at the time? If so, please provide a screen shot of the settings

Do you recall the distance from you at the time?

Approximately what height was the Drone at the time of the incident?

Can you recall how long you had been flying for at the time?

Can you indicate the approximate battery status at the time?

Do you have any video footage or pictures from the day in question?

Have you managed to locate and retrieve your Drone since submitting your inquiry?
Within FreeFlight Pro we have the facility to locate the last known location of the drone, just tap on the Map and your smartphone will guide you to the location. This is the last known location when the two devices were connected.

Kindly Provide us with the following as well to proceed further with your case :

1.Original proof of purchase with :

?A copy of the receipt(Showing the date , place of purchase , as well as items purchased).

2.The Serial number for the Parrot Anafi. This is an 18 digit code starting with the letter "P", located under the battery of the Parrot Anafi or from the application:

3.A picture('s) of the box for the Parrot Anafi .

4.Mailing address:

5.City:

6.State:

7.Zip Code:

Kindly note that parrot's warranty for it's products is 1 year for the product itself , except for consumable parts(like batteries) which are covered for 6 months.

Finally, could you give more details about your observations at the time, circumstances, what happened and what did you do etc?

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Kind Regards,
Joe S.
Parrot Customer Support
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 6:00PM
1 (877) 972-7768

To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).

Thank you for your assistance, I look forward to hearing from you.

Well thats Parrot for you. They know the flight logs do not get recorded when this happens. If you phone there again make sure you actually talking to a tech and not someone who just answers the phone with preloaded answers to tell you. Some don't have a clue on what they tell you. :mad:

Update 27.02.19 Called Parrot and they said they had my case in their system as a damaged drone, not a lost one, so they will review my case and rectify the issue and contact me within 24 hours.. and if they don't I will be straight back on the phone with them sigh

Maybe pick up a really cheap gopro clone with a waterproof housing and hook it onto a fishing pole to see if you can see anything? Might need to use a light on it too.

Maybe pick up a really cheap gopro clone with a waterproof housing and hook it onto a fishing pole to see if you can see anything? Might need to use a light on it too.
Would do if I had thought of that a while ago! I'm a few hundred miles away from the Anafi now and pretty deep into the replacement process with parrot so it might be a bit pointless now. Maybe somebody will find it in 100 years and put it in a museum!

Final update : After chasing up customer support 5 times over the past 2 weeks, they investigated me with the wrong flight and when I told explained to them my issue for the 5th or 6th time they finally told me theres nothing they could do apart from offering a discount code. Apparently, they don't sell the Bebop 2 anymore so I'm gonna have to either not get another anafi or scrape up some spare cash from somewhere to get a new one. Currently I'm looking at just getting a DJI and forgetting about parrot for now unless the discount code is pretty substantial (over 50%). I have a whole plethora of parts and such that I'm willing to sell if anyone is interested (2 batteries, battery charger, skycontroller 3 if it's any use to anyone, spare props, tablet mounts and some other unused bits and bobs that might come in handy). If anyone's got any tips as for what to do next they'd be greatly appreciated.

I have a whole plethora of parts and such that I'm willing to sell if anyone is interested (2 batteries, battery charger, skycontroller 3 if it's any use to anyone, spare props, tablet mounts and some other unused bits and bobs that might come in handy). If anyone's got any tips as for what to do next they'd be greatly appreciated.
If you had thrown your Skycontroller into the lake instead of your Anafi then I would be interested.
Seriously though that's a real bummer. I've yet to hear the final word from Parrot Australia for my lost bird... let's see what happens ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut