Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DJI just got ripped off LOL

Does not surprise me. They are very hard to deal with when using DJI care and any $$ issues.

Like there products to bad they are not made by Parrot.

Wow,now that looks like well organized plan to take money out of dji....theres gatta be mastermind behind all that

intereresting… I wonder how they actually did it? Charge more than invoice? Seems like a few people jacking up prices for parts ordered off their website would be immediately caught. Will be watching to see what comes of this.

Poetic Justice. I have found DJI support horrible they only concerned with getting money every year on new model not selling parts. I tried to buy DJI Care on my Mavic 2 and I could not get it they wanted me to do a video verification production of my drone to make sure it was all right (it was flown once for a few minutes they had this in flight log) . The other issue is you pay upfront and then you have pay a increasing fee in the event of failure up to two a year by the time you get done you might as well send in for repair cost-wise. The female agent in China was horrible she told me they blocked my email so I could not send a verification video in future.(because I tried to get the a answer as to why I could not get DJI Care on my Mavic 2 great customer care.

On the other hand the DJI repair service in the US is excellent. I smashed my Inspire into a tree branch and it fell 50 feet to concrete had about 700 in repairs however, they turned it around in two and half weeks it was top notch job. I would never attempt to fix a Inspire with all the moving parts of which I broke most. The Inspire is great but very fragile because of the heavy payload capacity however all that weight falling to ground is not good.

I suggested to Parrot that they just offer a exchange fee like 25% for any crash possibly that would be a good choice since the Anafi is more prone to repair then a Bebop.

intereresting… I wonder how they actually did it? Charge more than invoice? Seems like a few people jacking up prices for parts ordered off their website would be immediately caught. Will be watching to see what comes of this.
Few years back there was a reatail store selling everything and anything here in Boston area,they had aprox. 10 stores around boston....1 guy in administration came up with scam that involved bunch of truck drivers,supplyers,managers ,and it was very simple,here is example,if supplyer was selling something for 100 dollars he would jack up that price to 200 bucks(on paper ) and that extra 100 dollars that retail store had to pay to supplyer would be shared between supplyer,retail store admin and everyone involved.....i am talking about dozens of supplyers and millions of dollars....3 years later CEO realized that even they selling very well ,they are loosing millions but at that time it was already to late and they filed for bankruptcy.....court was not able to charge anyone ,and they couldnt prove where money went(??.).......so there is many ways to scam people or company and from what i read they did something very similar

It's not on the consumer side, but on supply chain side as the atricles mention.
Basically DJI employees organising kickbacks from suppliers in a way similar to "I spec your component into our product, but you bill DJI 20% more whem we buy stuff, then give me half of that back personally under the table and keep the rest".

It sounds like DJI already lost this money as part of operating with employees getting kickbacks on overcharging, rather than will lose this money in the future.

Does this mean DJI is suddenly going to become 20% more profitable, or that they checked their piggy bank and are missing 20% of what they expected?

Personally I’d rather see DJI and parrot both doing well, competition keeps them both on their toes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut