Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Does the anafi BMS brick itself if I change battery cells?

TOMPPIX

Reaction score
So I read that the Mavic mini or maybe it was the Mavic air 2 BMS bricks itself after loss of power, does any one know if it's the same deal with the anafi BMS?
And btw the anafi battery is seriously under powered, the components used for charging can charge 1-4s batteries and the motor driver is rated for up to 60v and the motor MOSFETs are rated for 30v.
Here are the motor MOSFETs http://www.aosmd.com/pdfs/datasheet/AON7934.pdf

And this is the motor driver

And the charging stuff https://www.ti.com/product/BQ25703A#product-details##params

I'm guessing the motors themselves are not rated for 30v but to me it looks like the anafi could take a bigger battery with no problems.

I remember seeing a youtube video of a guy changing out the cells on the Anafi battery. It was in a foreign language so I might have misunderstood but I do believe they said you had to keep power to it or it would brick. Wish I could find that video now.

Reactions: TOMPPIX
OK I found the post that was made about the battery. Read through it, think you will find it interesting.

[...]

I'm guessing the motors themselves are not rated for 30v but to me it looks like the anafi could take a bigger battery with no problems.

I wouldn't wonder about that.
The Anafi USA can fly with a 2 h (!) battery setup, flightweight then 2lbs, instead of 1!
(In this one video, that is posted here)
And I still think, the Anafi was just the Testing product, for the USA

Edit: Forgot the link to the post

2.4lbs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gundamx9x1
I wouldn't wonder about that.
The Anafi USA can fly with a 2 h (!) battery setup, flightweight then 2lbs, instead of 1!
(In this one video, that is posted here)
And I still think, the Anafi was just the Testing product, for the USA
You're right the Anafi looks to be also failing because they are overtaxing it's processing power anyone ever notice how fast it discharges when not flying? They have also commented on implementing visual obstacle avoidance in the anafi a year ago and I would not be surprised if that had to do with all of the sudden drops from the sky with the firmware update early this year

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut