Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Drone Battery Burned and part of circuit - is it fixable ?

drp37

Reaction score
During last trip, my drone was in the bag with the battery. It started smoking in bag and next thing I know battery was melting and it got stuck to the drone. After I carefully removed battery, I realized that drone circuit where it connects with battery is burned as well. I ordered the new battery but is the battery connector on drone replaceable ? Can I send it to be fixed ? Or can I fix it by ordering parts ? Attaching pic for reference.
Thanks you.
Patel

Attachments

• AA628D0D-AF45-4D4D-B9C4-7453FE664346.jpeg
    AA628D0D-AF45-4D4D-B9C4-7453FE664346.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
As far as I am aware the battery connector is not available as a spare part. You could try phoning Parrot direct and asking them.

Do you know why the Anafi started smoking? Was it lose in a bag or in its carrying case? Could some pressure have activated the button on the battery?

During last trip, my drone was in the bag with the battery. It started smoking in bag and next thing I know battery was melting and it got stuck to the drone. After I carefully removed battery, I realized that drone circuit where it connects with battery is burned as well. I ordered the new battery but is the battery connector on drone replaceable ? Can I send it to be fixed ? Or can I fix it by ordering parts ? Attaching pic for reference.
Thanks you.
Patel

That is most definitely not fixable and even if it was I would want to know why this happened in the first place. It could be a fault in the old battery or even a short circuit in the Anafi. This should be sent back to Parrot for inspection. If this is still covered by warranty this should be replaced with a new one. I would at the very least send in the picture to Parrot to see what their reply would be.

Reactions: RBuzz
Good reminder as a best practice to put the battery be in a lipo bag when travelling, or really when charging or any time it’s not in use.

The risk of fire and explosion is so high with these things I wonder why they don’t come with a fire resistant bag.

Not a bad idea to have a bucket of sand to put lipos in while they charge too - granted they don’t melt down often, but for the price of a pot full of dirt it might someday prevent a catastrophe.

Also, try to resist stomping out the fire like these fellas

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9fhlr9S5s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456