Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Drone to keep deer and wildlife away from crops

MasSaSeen

Reaction score
I would like to set up a drone to move farm animals, and protect crops. Was thinking a camera which sends a signal when it detects movement, and drone automatically takes off on a pre-programmed flight path, and lands when finished.
I think this might be the best shot I have.
wondering if anyone can give me any thoughts or advice in regard to this project.
For example, to start off with which model drone would work the best for something like this?

Last edited:
Although there are a number of drones that will follow a pre planned flight path I do have a number of concerns that your plan will not work.
1) The drone would need to be powered on all of the time ready to take off and be able to land accurately to recharge itself after a flight.
2) The drone would not be able to fly in high winds, rain etc. And possibly at night depending on local laws.
3) You may have to fly fairly low to frighten the animals, which I do not agree with, and may scare them into the crops. There would be a danger that you hurt the animals and destroy the drone by a collision with them.

All in all I feel that your plan is a non starter and you should try a different method to keep your crops safe.

Drones don't scare animals until you get within 5 or ten feet of them. Then when it lands due to low battery they'll come over and stomp on it! :oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem