Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Drone went down. Does it give out a signal?

Pretty Parrot

Reaction score
Does the drone give out a signal when it crashes, if so, what do I need to do? (Parrot Anafi)

Last edited:
You find the last position in the App.
Tap on the drone icon in FF6
FF6 can let the app sound some tone. But just as long there is still battery power available.
In case of falling down: most likely no battery is connected any longer
Go for the GPS position!

You find the last position in the App.
Tap on the drone icon in FF6
FF6 can let the app sound some tone. But just as long there is still battery power available.
In case of falling down: most likely no battery is connected any longer
Go for the GPS position!

Thank you. It more or less confirms where we thought it went down. Will go look for it.

It is the last connected to FF6 position.
in case your FF6 did freeze for some time, you may have to look more in flight direction

Reactions: Pretty Parrot
Most people if they are found and I can say mine when lost was 30-40 feet from where it should be so do a circle search. Remember that little Anafi is small and hard to see so don't give up until your sure you cannot find it. It took me 3 months to find mine.

Reactions: Pretty Parrot
Most people if they are found and I can say mine when lost was 30-40 feet from where it should be so do a circle search. Remember that little Anafi is small and hard to see so don't give up until your sure you cannot find it. It took me 3 months to find mine.
Did yours work after such a time in the elements?

I got my drone back.

I was taking photos of steam trains when the phone jumped out of the holder. My guess is that I grabbed for the phone & inadvertently my thumb was on the 'down & side together' part of the Freeflight 6. This must have stopped the main control working as it did not respond to my movements, next I see it going down & could do nothing. This happened in just a few seconds. By coincidence my wife was taking a video of the steam train so I could match the sound track to the drone video, & we saw a split second of the drone going down, but it looked like it was near the train. Now I have the drone back I can see where it crashed & it was nowhere near where my wifes video suggested. It was exactly where the GPS last point said, which was much nearer to us & a long way from the train. Thanks for all who helped.

Did yours work after such a time in the elements?

Yup still using it. Only thing that I don't use anymore other than for testing is the battery. The clip that holds the battery in broke on the crash so I don't trust it for long flights. I just rubber band it on now. LOL. Just deep cycled the battery a couple of weeks ago and still get 20 minutes of flight time.

Hanging upside down like a bat :)
2019-03-22 14.14.12.jpg

Yup still using it. Only thing that I don't use anymore other than for testing is the battery. The clip that holds the battery in broke on the crash so I don't trust it for long flights. I just rubber band it on now. LOL. Just deep cycled the battery a couple of weeks ago and still get 20 minutes of flight time.

Hanging upside down like a bat :)
View attachment 4841
This is a good example of a pilot error. Also the pic is good for an advertisment for the same subject !! :)

Didn't you use the the blue laser light analyzer equipment as part of your preflight checklist to look for prop fractures?
Or maybe your ground crew skipped this step ;)

OK you got me......I forgot the blue laser light analyzer at home. I really need to go over my check list better ;)

Reactions: d95gas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut