Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Drones Approved for Commercial Operations in Canada

pmh1nic

Reaction score
Canada has a list of drone manufacturers/models that are approved for commercial operations in Canada.

Drones Approved for Commercial Operation in Canada

Parrot isn't one of the manufacturers shown. Neither is DJI but they just announce that some of their models (include Spark and Phantom) meet the requirements. Has anyone heard anything from Parrot on whether they plan to make this self-declaration? Is there anything similar to this in the U.S. (I'm not aware of it)?

Some how I really do not think Parrot will be up to speed on getting the paper work in for them to be approved. I have to say I am surprised to see the Spark made the list. The requirements are pretty strict so you better be able to back it up if anything happens during a commercial flight.

I thought that Sensefly was a project of Parrot & some others, they have four RPA's approved for commercial use there.

The part that I find really interesting is that none of the big boy toys with redundant motors & batteries in case of potential failures are mentioned there or approved for flying over people. Maybe they haven't finished that part yet?

Some how I really do not think Parrot will be up to speed on getting the paper work in for them to be approved. I have to say I am surprised to see the Spark made the list. The requirements are pretty strict so you better be able to back it up if anything happens during a commercial flight.

Yes, I was a little surprised that the Spark was on the list. I don't know what the qualifications are but maybe it's a matter of having things in order on one model being the big hurtle and the getting things in order on the others is a matter of minor adjustments in the testing and documentation.

If you are looking at the government web site it will take some time for them to update it as most governments are very slow to do anything except to tax you. That you can count on to the second.

Just be clear DJI announced that the Spark and some of their other drones had meet the qualifications and would added to the list.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Dear DJI partners,

In January of this year, Transport Canada issued Advisory Circular AC 922-001 regarding remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS) intended for Advanced Operations. Many of you have reached out to us for greater insight into our intended compliance path, and we appreciate your patience as we have worked through this process.

DJI is pleased to declare that, effective today, nine of our drone models comply with the latest Transport Canada regulations for advanced drone operations in controlled airspace. This allows DJI customers to continue using preferred drones in these operations after June 1, when Transport Canada’s new regulatory framework for civilian drone operations takes effect across Canada. DJI’s compliant drones are:
• M600 Series
• M200 Series
• M200 V2 Series
• Inspire 2
• Mavic 2 series
• Mavic Pro
• Mavic Air
• Phantom 4 series
• Spark
DJI continues to review the process of declaring its drones compliant for other Advanced Operations under Transport Canada’s safety assurance program. These elements of the program have different steps and requirements, and further information will be announced at a later date.
Thanks and best regards

Reactions: pmh1nic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut