Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Easyjet

themagician31

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone travelled by airplane with the anafi yet ? I need to know if I can flight with Easyjet and take the anafi with me inside the cabin ? I know that the problem is about the batteries, I read a few things on internet but I am asking you if you have already experienced that ?
Thanks

I have not experienced Easyjet with a drone but also have you investigated the laws regarding there use in the country that you are flying too? We are going to Menorca soon and drones with cameras are only allowed in the far north of the island away from people and buildings.

Yes, Italy is a bit different than France but quite similar on the restrictions. But I am not sure I will try to "lose" my batteries at the airport !

I took Anafi from Canada to Iceland no issues in carry-on.

Call the airline if you have a concern.

You should disconnect the battery and put it in a fire resistant lipo bag, generally they’ll want any lithium batteries in carry-on and not checked luggage. Throw it on the conveyer belt with the rest of your electronics, it shouldn’t generate any more intrest than camera batteries or phone charge blocks.

I have taken my Anafi on 6 easyjet flights this year - have had no issues at all. Having read advice on various sites I decided to buy a small LiPo safe bag for transporting the batteries in my cabin baggage. I have not had the impression that easyjet are too bothered about the drone and batteries but certainly they should not go in the hold .... so if you were asked by easyjet (as may happen) if you would like to put your cabin bag in the hold as the flight is very busy, then obviously don't say yes! My experience with the Anafi going through security at Glasgow, Bristol and Amsterdam Schipol has been no problem. On each occasion the drone, controller and batteries were inside the bag that went through the X-ray machine, and the bad was never singled out for additional checks. Good luck and hope you get the same experience!

Reactions: themagician31
Hi,
Has anyone travelled by airplane with the anafi yet ? I need to know if I can flight with Easyjet and take the anafi with me inside the cabin ? I know that the problem is about the batteries, I read a few things on internet but I am asking you if you have already experienced that ?
Thanks

I have flown from London Stanstead to Sardinia and back a few weeks ago, with Ryan Air, carrying my Anafi, three batteries (and a bunch of other electronics) in my hand luggage. The batteries were stored in a fire resistant lipo bag.
No problem but, because drones are probably not such a common thing, I noticed that at one security check they kept my luggage under the scanner for quite a while before deciding that it was fine.
My suggestion would be to take the Anafi and batteries out at security checks, like you would do for laptops, so it is easier for them to scan them. It might save you some time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaefer73