Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Email from support, what does this mean? Latest Update from Support.

rsjb41

Reaction score
After several emails explaining several times what is going on with my Anafi,I received this from support yesterday.
Does this mean they think something is wrong with mine, some people there are clueless to whats going on or ???

"Hi Rod,

Thank you for contacting Parrot Customer Support. My name is Lucas, and I am happy to help with your case # 1257053.

I am sorry you have experienced an issue with your Parrot Anafi. we understand your concern regarding the issue.

In order to assist you further, please press reply on this email and attach the following information:

1. .Original proof of purchase with :
    ?A copy of the receipt(Showing the date , place of purchase , as well as items purchased).
  2. The Serial number for the Parrot Anafi. This is an 18 digit code starting with the letter "P", located under the battery of the Parrot Anafi. :
  3. A picture('s) of the Parrot Anafi. :
  4. Mailing address:
  5. City:
  6. State:
  7. Zip Code:
  8. A video showing the issue:
-Kindly note that parrot's warranty for it's products is 1 year for the product itself , except for consumable parts(like batteries) which are covered for 6 months.

I look forward to your earliest reply so I can assist you further."

Yes, if you write several mails to the support describing your "issues", then they obviously think, that YOU suppose a fault with your Anafi. To deal with that, they offer you an exchange.

If you don't believe that esecially YOUR Anafi is faulty, then I would ask myself (also I would do this as a support team member!):
What doea this guy want?
If you believe in a FW/Software issue, then it is not helpful, to write several mails to the support, because Parrot already knows, what to improve.
So "Lucas" obviously offers you an exchange Option, because he thinks you want to get rid of your bird.

Reactions: dashSolo
Yes, if you write several mails to the support describing your "issues", then they obviously think, that YOU suppose a fault with your Anafi. To deal with that, they offer you an exchange.

If you don't believe that esecially YOUR Anafi is faulty, then I would ask myself (also I would do this as a support team member!):
What doea this guy want?
If you believe in a FW/Software issue, then it is not helpful, to write several mails to the support, because Parrot already knows, what to improve.
So "Lucas" obviously offers you an exchange Option, because he thinks you want to get rid of your bird.

The reason there were several emails is because they replied to my first one telling me to try something, I'd tell them that it didn't work, then they'd say trying something else, blah, blah blah. My last email simply asked when the app was going to be fixed and the above email is what I got back. Not sure what you think I should have said.

Might want to put a summary of what your issue is, not everyone follows everything and knows your case.

But yeah it seems they want a video to see the actual problem by themselves and are preparing for a return/exchange.

remember it the responsibility of the seller for the first 12 months hopefully you never purchased direct from parrot.....that's why i always buy with amazon ....

Reactions: rsjb41
remember it the responsibility of the seller for the first 12 months hopefully you never purchased direct from parrot.....that's why i always buy with amazon ....
I wish I had seen this 4 hours ago! :( Then again, I might not have had the £100 off the Extended version. Horses for Courses I guess

I did buy mine from Best Buy and have about one week left before I can return it. Trying to wait this out because I did a ton of research before buying a drone and the Anafi is the one I really want. If It doesn't get resolved soon I guess I'll take it back and get the Autel Evo. Just didn't want to spend $400 more at this point.

Brief history...
Bought the Anafi almost 3 weeks ago. Worked fine with my Galaxy phone and Tablet. After the update neither of them work. Got the black screen (no video feed) and a few other issues so I can't fly it. I was told to contact customer service.

Their first reply - Rest the drone (didn't work)
Second reply - Forget Network (didn't work) I explained that it worked fine prior to update.
Third reply - Rest Drone (didn't work) I explained I've done this and said it was something with the new update
Forth reply - is the one I copied above. I replied and asked about the update because I don't think there is anything wrong with the drone itself. They have not replied.

Somewhere during that time they closed my case saying it was resolved. It was reopened when I asked another question.

I did buy mine from Best Buy and have about one week left before I can return it. Trying to wait this out because I did a ton of research before buying a drone and the Anafi is the one I really want. If It doesn't get resolved soon I guess I'll take it back and get the Autel Evo. Just didn't want to spend $400 more at this point.

Brief history...
Bought the Anafi almost 3 weeks ago. Worked fine with my Galaxy phone and Tablet. After the update neither of them work. Got the black screen (no video feed) and a few other issues so I can't fly it. I was told to contact customer service.

Their first reply - Rest the drone (didn't work)
Second reply - Forget Network (didn't work) I explained that it worked fine prior to update.
Third reply - Rest Drone (didn't work) I explained I've done this and said it was something with the new update
Forth reply - is the one I copied above. I replied and asked about the update because I don't think there is anything wrong with the drone itself. They have not replied.

Somewhere during that time they closed my case saying it was resolved. It was reopened when I asked another question.
its crap when this happens....have you tried another phone? are you on 2.4ghz or 5.8?
in uk 2.4 ghz works best ....i see your in the usa...i would try another phone first that is if you can. cheers let me know how you get on.

its crap when this happens....have you tried another phone? are you on 2.4ghz or 5.8?
in uk 2.4 ghz works best ....i see your in the usa...i would try another phone first that is if you can. cheers let me know how you get on.

Yes, I forgot that part. I tried someones Ipad last night and it worked.

"Thank you for your reply and please be advised that it is now a common issue with all Android users as the software version has bugs in it causing this hassle . Once an update is released by Android, this issue will be fixed."

"Thank you for your reply and please be advised that it is now a common issue with all Android users as the software version has bugs in it causing this hassle . Once an update is released by Android, this issue will be fixed."

Could you tell me if this was something that Parrot sent you? The way I am reading your post, Parrot is blaming Android operating system for the problem and are waiting for them to fix it? Is this correct?

Could you tell me if this was something that Parrot sent you? The way I am reading your post, Parrot is blaming Android operating system for the problem and are waiting for them to fix it? Is this correct?

Yes, this is what Parrot support sent me today. I read that the same way, they are blaming Android.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Hmmm not good. I have seen where iOS updates have screwed up Apps in the past so this could be possible but now I wonder how Android will respond and update their OS.

Hmmm not good. I have seen where iOS updates have screwed up Apps in the past so this could be possible but now I wonder how Android will respond and update their OS.

This is a BS excuse by Parrot. App developers get access to beta updates well before they're released to the public for this very reason. There's always bugs in a phones OS, it's just a matter of having enough lead time to know how your software will deal with them. The idea that these issues simply came up with Android when an update was released publicly is preposterous.

And if they're honest to god waiting on Android to fix the problem I flat out wouldn't recommend the product to any Android user.

This email today put me over the edge. As much as I hate to do it I have to before it's too late. I ordered the Evo today and the Anafi is being returned to the store. Hopefully they fix this issue someday and I can get another one because there is so much I like about it. But I don't like it enough to go buy a new phone and tablet when mine work fine.

This email today put me over the edge. As much as I hate to do it I have to before it's too late. I ordered the Evo today and the Anafi is being returned to the store. Hopefully they fix this issue someday and I can get another one because there is so much I like about it. But I don't like it enough to go buy a new phone and tablet when mine work fine.

Hate to see you go, less users ultimately hurts all of us no matter the OS. But could never blame you given how much of a debacle this appears to be.

Hate to see you go, less users ultimately hurts all of us no matter the OS. But could never blame you given how much of a debacle this appears to be.

Thanks IRR, the people in this forum have been great. I hope they get this cleared up so I can buy another one.

Reactions: IRR
I received another letter today but I am not smarter:
_mvcd51JMmytKPXBJJ-ERYBM0OmDTv1MhbLqF8FXChTfCxCeCKiGlXqkZxRTd_toSxZBuAsxAZTPXLek3aFJ7iuZyMWnwIpqOjNC-S9ZfCy5574ep5vv_22Yls8hgU2-Lvm5lt1WqGq2230AGRjlAKzyLED5hA=s0-d-e1-ft

Hi Gabor,

This is Miriam from Parrot support team and I am happy to be helping with your case # 1256281, concerning your Parrot Anafi.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. The issue is not related to the smartphone, unfortunately it's an update error and it's a common issue that we're currently working on resolving.

The reason there were several emails is because they replied to my first one telling me to try something, I'd tell them that it didn't work, then they'd say trying something else, blah, blah blah. My last email simply asked when the app was going to be fixed and the above email is what I got back. Not sure what you think I should have said.
From your following post #7 I understood better, what happened in your case.
My general point was:
Why do so much mailing with the support, while the software developers at Parrot since weeks know the problem and are working on it?

From your following post #7 I understood better, what happened in your case.
My general point was:
Why do so much mailing with the support, while the software developers at Parrot since weeks know the problem and are working on it?

Well, there are multiple reasons.

1) When they sent me an email and told me to try something, they asked me to reply and let them know if it worked or not. (Some customers issues were corrected with this)
2) I spent $600 on a the drone almost three weeks ago that I was able to fly one time. I was trying to find out if this was going to be resolved any time soon so I could still be in the window to return it if I needed.
3) In the beginning they knew there was an issue with Android but not sure what all Androids it affected. (Many are working fine)
4) See if their customer service was going to own up to the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut