Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Experiment tomorrow, running a 2.4GHZ amplifier instead of 5GHz.

Waldo Pepper

Reaction score
Going to try something different tomorrow, with Solaris SkyController 3 mod kit. Instead of running the provided 5GHz amplifier with SkyController 3 mod kit, switched out the 5GHz booster and replaced it with a 2020-mid Bebop 2 2.4GHz booster.

I think it’s going to do well, little experiment to compare stock 2.4GHz with amplified 2.4GHz booster.

Today, flew my furthest flight using 5GHz booster. Was using the Auriga Anafi app, Very surprised it went so far. Placed the controller in 5GHz, Auto (United States). I’m sure other settings like a certain 5GHz Band in manual, or another country will help transmission signal, but I can’t remember which ones they are so I just placed it on 5GHz Auto USA.

Tomorrow, will try the 2.4GHz amplifier. It’s tuned for Bebop 2, but draws less Ma@ 12v. Plus 4X the power from original Solaris Bebop 2 boosters. Will be interesting to see if the Anafi will benefit from this 2020-mid Bebop 2 amplifier.

Made the changeover this evening, Everything looks good. Very excited, I’ll share results tomorrow!

Paul

C23F6507-774D-451B-9BC7-459FAC6D72E4.jpegC072DE1C-530A-4E38-A4A0-B49FC7E0210F.jpeg1A46E66B-AA3B-4FCD-8746-B2E3E9582357.jpeg

Very interested in the 2.4 mod. Just been on the web site but cannot find this 2.4 board/kit.... do you have any links?

Woow interisting, I just think to combain solaris mod with external antenna with alientech adapter.
Let me know how your Anafi mod goes, I once tried the AlienTech Pro 2.4GHz booster setup with an Anafi controller. Didn’t work well, let me know if yours has an improvement. I’m very curious, And I’ll share how today’s flight goes using the 2.4GHz amplifier.

Paul

Very interested in the 2.4 mod. Just been on the web site but cannot find this 2.4 board/kit.... do you have any links?

Solaris 2.4GHz mod kit is for Bebop 2, both SkyController 2 and Bebop 2 drone. It’s a bundle kit, three amplifiers. Two 2.4GHz amplifiers for SkyController 2, one 2.4GHz amplifier for Beboo 2 drone. I’m experimenting with using one SkyController 2 2020-mid 2.4GHz amplifier on a SkyController 3 controller. It may not work, I’m hoping it will. Will share results today after a couple of flights, will use both Auriga Anafi and FreeFlight6 apps running 2.4GHz.

With the Anafi, SkyController 3 only uses one amplifier, it’s 5GHz. The Anafi drone itself, uses no amplifier. Will be interesting how this works, hopefully we’ll.

Paul

Solaris said he couldnt get perfect numbers when he used 2.4ghz 2020 Boosters ,he got much better range with 5ghz.......funny ,i used my 5ghz boosted skycontroller 3 but by mistake had it set to 2.4ghz,channel 6,still got 1.4km of range ?

Solaris said he couldnt get perfect numbers when he used 2.4ghz 2020 Boosters ,he got much better range with 5ghz.......funny ,i used my 5ghz boosted skycontroller 3 but by mistake had it set to 2.4ghz,channel 6,still got 1.4km of range ?
Yesterday’s 2.4GHz booster test with SC3 wasn’t a complete success, range was there but video feed to phone was lagging after about a mile into flight. Had five bars even beyond 2 miles, but video feed wasn’t there on cellphone. That was using Auriga app, Freeflight 6 was even worse.

Then, Remounted 5GHz booster to SC3, Using Auriga app went beyond 2 miles but then would disconnect. Wouldn’t reconnect, returned to home. Put in a fresh battery, switched to FreeFlight 6 using 5GHz with controller. After a few hundred feet if that, app started acting crazy much poorer signal had to RTH. After this, packed up Anafi I’m done with it.

Then, Few Bebop 2 with 2020-mid mod kit. Now that’s a powerful mod kit, no problem here it’s a reliable booster kit with a powerful signal. So again I’m going to park the Anafi, im probably done with it for good this time.

Paul

I agree,i have more fun with boosted bebop 2 than anafi....if bebop 2 had 4k camera i wouldn care about any other drones at all,i would simply invest money in extra batterys and maybe extra bebop 2s in case there is accident

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
That’s funny, I did the same yesterday took off with 2.4GHZ with the SC3 5GHz installed. Can’t remember channel but Wasted a battery, had to return and reset it to 5GHz.

i believe Solaris is right, after yesterdays test using SC3 with 2.4GHz amplifier it didn’t do well. 5GHz was better with video feed, 2.4GHz had the flight range but video feed was terrible.

Goodbye Anafi, I’m done with it. Bebop 2, still my favorite especially running with Solaris mods.

Paul

I am assuming you got same email where he explained how parrot limited signal power in anafi after 1.6.x update,i dont understand why they would do that,look at autel and dji,their sale pitch always start with range,parrot gives you but then takes that range away,why,who makes those stupid decisions in that company....

I am assuming you got same email where he explained how parrot limited signal power in anafi after 1.6.x update,i dont understand why they would do that,look at autel and dji,their sale pitch always start with range,parrot gives you but then takes that range away,why,who makes those stupid decisions in that company....
Yes, Got the same email. The update killed the signal with SC3, it’s not the mod kits fault that I understand, Parrot decision to do this has me scratching my head.

Fortunately, Bebop 2 is still flying well. Although still has a limited range, but with Solaris mod kit it’s great for low level flying for research in areas with inference or rough terrain.

Thanks,
Paul

Yes, Got the same email. The update killed the signal with SC3, it’s not the mod kits fault that I understand, Parrot decision to do this has me scratching my head.

Fortunately, Bebop 2 is still flying well. Although still has a limited range, but with Solaris mod kit it’s great for low level flying for research in areas with inference or rough terrain.

Thanks,
Paul
I got that new 4250mAh battery,tested last week in sport mod, from 100%to 4% in 23 minutes,out of 4 regular 2700mah batterys i had to eliminate 2 of them,each one has 1 cell that not able to charge past 4volts

I got that new 4250mAh battery,tested last week in sport mod, from 100%to 4% in 23 minutes,out of 4 regular 2700mah batterys i had to eliminate 2 of them,each one has 1 cell that not able to charge past 4volts
Wow! 4250mAh for Bebop 2, that’s high mAh and 23 minutes in sport mod is pretty good. Those 2700mAh batteries eventually do go bad. At least you still had a couple still working, getting tougher to keep these going.

Have a few HD Power 3350mAh batteries keeping my Bebop 2 fleet in the air, And like you a couple of 2700mAh.

I see Solaris added more bebop 2 related products, Individual Power battery packs was one. I may eventually go this route, and built my own with using his power batteries. I’m not too familiar with additional parts needed, May need to pickup a few bad bebop 2 aftermarket batteries, and use the slotted connector portions from these aftermarket batteries that plug into the drone to use with the new power battery packs based from the video.

Ill touch bases with Solaris in the near future, order at least enough battery packs to make two power battery packs. I’m still good with amplifiers, plenty of them.

Hobby never stops from dipping into our wallets, can be high maintenance but it’s a great hobby. Well worth the time, and investment ?

Paul

Reactions: Skydreamer
Talking about batterys,take a look at this graph,you can follow purple line.....i flew around a lake in Film mode,very windy in center of the lake,past 3 minutes you can see how slowly and gradually battery percentage went down till i switched to Sport mode to cross lake to the other side,you can see that huge drop,on the other side of lake i stopped and switched to Film mode again,for the rest of flight(3-4 minutes)percentage never changed.it stayed i think at 53% till i landed...it was older 4000mah battery

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-09-11-12-03-08.png
    Capture+_2020-09-11-12-03-08.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
That’s amazing, proof film mode will definitely get much longer flight time. That’s odd it flew the last few minutes with hardly any battery drain, FreeFlight Pro app is very good with history data.

Was googling the Bebop 2 4250mAh battery you have, eBay has them but from Hong Kong or China. Couldn’t find any from the states, tempted to order one. See one seller selling two 4250mAh batteries with duel charger, that was tempting. I image this charger is specially made for these batteries, may order this set with charger.

Thanks!
Paul

What i do is i drain battery i am gonna use next day all way down to 4%,same night i charge it and then use it next day...if i fly down to 30 % ,recharge it and use it next day i end up with some discharge inconsistencies when flying,i see drops in percentage from lets say 85%,84%,83%,75%,73%...i found out that discharge in freeflight pro is more accurate if i discharge battery day before i am gonna go out somewhere to make video......charging battery and than go to fly bebop 2 after few days will also give me some crazy numbers,i had the case where battery discharged from 30%to 7% in 10 seconds,bebop was 200 meters away above lake,had just enough juice to come back and land

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood