Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Extend range with Wifi Repeater ??

Reaction score
Hello Guys I am searching for some solutions to increase the range of the drone. Can we connect 5G wifi repeater and extend the range by 5KM ??

Generally you don't need any extender, just use modded app from Freeflight 6 mod app theme with FCC enabled and try then. I have 4 km flight on 2.4 GHz, it's close to the maximum distance from where you'll have enought battery to return home, with 5 km it could handle only in ideal conditions, better not to risk if not needed. But if it's one-way-flight with somebody waited for drone on that side, up to 8 km flight is ok. Didn't tried with 5.8 GHz, but by idea it should be less.

Reactions: Moonfly
I’d do as Ratmir has suggested and install the modded app that will provide the FCC spec’d WiFi connection. A WiFi repeater works well with the Tello but this is because the Tello uses the inefficient WiFi connection of a mobile device. The Anafi controller uses an antenna that is significantly more efficient than any mobile device.

Flying beyond VLOS is a big responsibility, and illegal in most countries. A suitable analogy is anyone can make a car go really fast, all it takes is to leave your foot hard on the accelerator, but it takes skill and experience to do it safely. It’s the same with beyond VLOS, anyone can make their RC toy travel great distances but significantly few can do it safely and repeatably.

Regards

Nidge.

Reactions: Ratmir
I can't believe this. He went way past the point of no return. If he had lost connection it would have been game over, but he didn't. Where did I put that shoebox. Well done David A S.

No matter how far you take it out it's suppose to calculate reuturn power to get back so it doesn't emergency land far out right?

parrotanafifan, in ideal world - yeah, it try best to make possible return to home, but in real world wind speed and other thing could make difference, and even if it will land not far out, like in 200 meters of you somewhere in the forest - it's not the thing you would like too, I think!)

How Much Flight Time Do You Really Get with the Anafi? - here we discuss real flight time you could get, from my experience 13 min is safe one for most of conditions, and 16 min you'll get in best variant. Here I'm speaking about long distant flyes, of course, if you drift somewhere around in 10 meters above ground - you could get 21 minute or even more ;)

No matter how far you take it out it's suppose to calculate reuturn power to get back so it doesn't emergency land far out right?
Suppose is the operative word here. Many here have found out the hard way that this is not always true! :mad: I will not take mine below 15% if nearby (i.e. LOS) and 25-30% if out a mile or more.I just don't think the Auto return on Low Battery algorithm is that accurate.

:mad: I will not take mine below 15% if nearby (i.e. LOS) and 25-30% if out a mile or more.I just don't think the Auto return on Low Battery algorithm is that accurate.

But there are many people on youtube in the past that did the range test and returned it just fine.
Here is QC guys check out his signal at 2.3mi, he hovers for almost a minute before even starting the flight as well

Last edited:
True enough, but I'm not that brave. There seems to be a wide variation in the ability to RTH successfully with Low Battery Alert. Too many people have lost their drone in this circumstance for my taste.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian