Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How Much Flight Time Do You Really Get with the Anafi?

Gadget Inspector

Reaction score
This will obviously be slightly different depending on flight conditions, location, how you fly, etc, but I just put the Anafi up and cruised around like I normally would. This and most other advanced drones have fail-safes, but true flight time is still important to know.

Reactions: dashSolo
great question, I've been flying Anafi for a year now in all conditions except rain. The best I have gotten was 21 minutes landing with 8%, this was on a brand new battery yesterday. Most flights are about 18 minutes with 20% in the tank. I have taken the battery down to 5% on a flight 20 feet out 20 ft up and only got 16 minutes in very windy conditions.

I believe all my batteries except the new one are getting tired after a year of usage.

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
I purchased a Anafi Extended a couple days ago from BB and had to return/exchange it for another one. One of the battery's was very difficult to install in the drone and the video was choppy when I turned the drone and a little blurry when moving the camera up and down. I also have a Bebop 2 which is a great flyer.
Anyway I see you said you are from MI so am I! I'm between Saginaw and Hemlock.

Last edited:
This will obviously be slightly different depending on flight conditions, location, how you fly, etc, but I just put the Anafi up and cruised around like I normally would. This and most other advanced drones have fail-safes, but true flight time is still important to know.

Yes, 20-22 minutes is a normal flight time for Anafi.

The birds that orbit your Anafi are swallows. They do not hunt the drone but catch insects that flee from Anafi. Swallows will also fly around my DJI Mavic Pro and DJI Phantom 4 when insects are present.

You do not see the swallows when no insects are in the air. ;)

Regards, Leif.

I generally get about the same as Dash. 20 minutes in film mode with 10% remaining. If the Anafi is a long way out, say more than a mile, I will initiate RTH at no less than 20%, preferably 25% if there is a headwind on the return. Naturally the Anafi will work a lot harder in windy conditions so 16 minutes is about what you could expect.

The batteries will last longer if they are not constantly run down below 10%, so I try to plan my Flight Plans at around 15 to 18 minutes at most. I'd never find it if it did an auto-land over most of the terrain I fly. :eek:

great question, I've been flying Anafi for a year now in all conditions except rain. The best I have gotten was 21 minutes landing with 8%, this was on a brand new battery yesterday. Most flights are about 18 minutes with 20% in the tank. I have taken the battery down to 5% on a flight 20 feet out 20 ft up and only got 16 minutes in very windy conditions.

I believe all my batteries except the new one are getting tired after a year of usage.
Wow, that's interesting. Do you usually fly in Sports mode?

I purchased a Anafi Extended a couple days ago from BB and had to return/exchange it for another one. One of the battery's was very difficult to install in the drone and the video was choppy when I turned the drone and a little blurry when moving the camera up and down. I also have a Bebop 2 which is a great flyer.
Anyway I see you said you were from MI so am I! I'm between Saginaw and Hemlock.
Hello fellow Michigander. Sounds like your first one was a lemon. Hope the second one is all set because I think you'll really enjoy this drone. Enjoy your 4th!

Yes, 20-22 minutes is a normal flight time for Anafi.

The birds that orbit your Anafi are swallows. They do not hunt the drone but catch insects that flee from Anafi. Swallows will also fly around my DJI Mavic Pro and DJI Phantom 4 when insects are present.

You do not see the swallows when no insects are in the air. ;)

Regards, Leif.
Glad to know they're not hunting my little Anafi. That doesn't look like the birds I'm seeing. These have red tipped wings. Nonetheless, the theory about the insects makes sense though with all of the air being stirred.

I generally get about the same as Dash. 20 minutes in film mode with 10% remaining. If the Anafi is a long way out, say more than a mile, I will initiate RTH at no less than 20%, preferably 25% if there is a headwind on the return. Naturally the Anafi will work a lot harder in windy conditions so 16 minutes is about what you could expect.

The batteries will last longer if they are not constantly run down below 10%, so I try to plan my Flight Plans at around 15 to 18 minutes at most. I'd never find it if it did an auto-land over most of the terrain I fly. :eek:
That's the wisest way to handle these batteries. Not good to run them down all the time. I'm thinking 20-minutes as well without dropping below 10%.

Within a week of getting my first Anafi (hence very new battery) I had a flight of 24m 21s. The battery went from 100% to 2%. Fortunately I don't have that battery any more as the whole package had to be returned and replaced a few weeks later due to a gimbal fault. Since then I've learned it's best not to use batteries down to almost zero so won't be doing that again.... but at least it proved that the quoted 25 mins flight time is realistic.

Within a week of getting my first Anafi (hence very new battery) I had a flight of 24m 21s. The battery went from 100% to 2%. Fortunately I don't have that battery any more as the whole package had to be returned and replaced a few weeks later due to a gimbal fault. Since then I've learned it's best not to use batteries down to almost zero so won't be doing that again.... but at least it proved that the quoted 25 mins flight time is realistic.
Yes, you shouldn't make a habit of running your battery down that low. I recommend bring the drone close to the launch point at 20% and landing at no less than 10%. That has worked for me over the years with all of my drones. My Bebop 2 batteries haven't diminished much at all, but I also balance charge them. Wish I could do the same for the Anafi batteries.

Glad to know they're not hunting my little Anafi. That doesn't look like the birds I'm seeing. These have red tipped wings. Nonetheless, the theory about the insects makes sense though with all of the air being stirred.

I can see there are birds in the swallow family in the way they fly and the wings. If you are standing under the bird, as it flies over you head and looks up, you will see that it almost looks like the letter W on the wings position.. There are nearly 100 different types of swallows in that family all over the world. I do not know the American types because I live in Europe.

Regards, Leif.

This if my flight data for Parrot Anafi last flights. I try to start landing with at least 20% of battery to be sure all will end well and I won't drain battery for more then 10% in the end. I fly mostly in sport mode, quite fast and for long distance, as you could see, with harder winds on higher altitude ordinary, so around 14-16 minutes of filming is normal for me if I don't want to risk too much. In some ideal condition flying in film mode on 50 m height without any wind it could be around 22-24 minutes I think, but it's rare for me)

flight_data.png

Very interesting. It shows clearly that you can't relate flight time to battery minimum very well. Lots of other factors affect the amount of juice used, like on the two 16 min. 08 sec. flights..

Reactions: Ratmir
Rocky the FS, yeah, with long flights I made a rule to myself that 14 min is top limit, so after 7 minutes flying away to most distant point I need start returning home. If you fly nearby and on low altitude - of course you could not think about it at all, you'll always have time to land, Anafi is smart enought to land even by itself when battery is going below 10%.

But time to time he is too smart)) Today I was flying on 500 meters alt with strong winds near the limit that it could handle (about 50 km/h), he start displaying alert about stong winds from about 200 meters, then I fly away for about 1 km, and there on 45% of battery it start showing "low battary alarm" and trying to return to home)

It not the first time I catch such behaviour, looks like on string winds calculation of battery needed to return to how became a little crazy and think that with such wind it will be not enough energy to return. But each time I direct him closer and on lower alt with less wind - it remove this alert and I fly further without any problems, so battery is fine, looks like some problems with logic inside of software)

Today with really strong winds I make a flight on 13 min 51 s with 88% battery usage.

Do your tests prove that the Anafi is able to calculate the strength, and direction, of the wind and use this figure to decide when it is time to RTH? It is always good practice, if possible, to fly against the wind on the outward leg so that the wind would help with the return leg but whether the Anafi takes this into account I do not know. As the speed and direction of the wind does change with altitude it would be a very complex calculation to do.

Reactions: Ratmir
Except when it doesn't and just falls out of the sky, which has happened to several people here. :mad:
I no longer trust that feature.
I never trust it, maybe that's why never has such problems ;) Extra 2 minutes of flight very rare cost the price of the drone, so at 20% I try to always be not higher then 50 m from land to be sure I'll have time to land safely.

Do your tests prove that the Anafi is able to calculate the strength, and direction, of the wind and use this figure to decide when it is time to RTH?
Couldn't say for sure (better to ask Parrot support if needed), but as from my expirience RTH alert and battery alarm depends on flight conditions. If not, it will always simply calculate time to show this alerts based only on battery level and distance to start point, but I has already several cases where battery was 40-50% and distance was not too big (around 1 km, not more), but with strong winds around, and I still has this warnings much more earlier then has in normal conditions. By idea, if Anafi could understand that strong wind exists and show alert on it, it's not so difficult to also calculate it's direction (more or less) and then based on that try to predict what time drone will need to return to start point in some direction. But maybe I'm just giving this technics more mind that it has, and occasions that I met are only bugs in program that arised in critical circumstances :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fae