Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Extended bundle case vs standard case

Flyby

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the extended bundle? It looks like a good deal but I like the smaller drone only case for my use. So now I'm stuck between spending a couple bucks more by buying batteries separately and getting the smaller case or simply trying to find an aftermarket one. My plan is to stuff the drone and transmitter into an existing camera backpack already pretty full of other gear.

Basically, is that bigger case worth it?

I think it´s easier to get a small case that fulfill your need than buy the small one + batteries. I personally envy the extended case and if possible, I'll buy to have the two, sometimes take only the drone to fly with the extended case, others take the drone in my photo gear case as a flying camera for support imagery

Has anyone purchased the extended bundle? It looks like a good deal but I like the smaller drone only case for my use. So now I'm stuck between spending a couple bucks more by buying batteries separately and getting the smaller case or simply trying to find an aftermarket one. My plan is to stuff the drone and transmitter into an existing camera backpack already pretty full of other gear.

Basically, is that bigger case worth it?

When you are traveling with Anafi, I would recommend you buy the "big" package as the stick is not protected on the controller if it is thrown lose into a backpack. There you still have to have an extra box for it and drag around. The two extra batteries you do not regret either. The "big" box is not so big at all.

Regards Leif.

Yes I like the extended case and hoping that Parrot soon make that an option. I have the original case which sites inside an "Amazon special Anafi Case", but spares rattle around in it. I think the extended case could be the perfect setup.

Other option is that one of the suppliers produces a very similar option for us.

To protect the sticks, you can use one of these 3d printed stick protectors.

Sorry not in my opinion since you can not attach a stick protectors on the controller so that it is 100% fixet. Therefore, one stroke could still break the stick or destroy the underlying mechanism. :cry:

Regards Leif.

Is there a built in protection for SC3 in the new extended bag?
If not one could try to protect the controller in the sunnylife controller bag and put it with this bag into the extended bag!?

Is there a built in protection for SC3 in the new extended bag?
If not one could try to protect the controller in the sunnylife controller bag and put it with this bag into the extended bag!?
The Anafi sits on a moulded shelf in the lid of the Extended bag and the controller fits on a shelf in the space below that in the main body of the bag. Protection of the sticks on the controller comes from the rigidity of the bag. It would be difficult to crush the Extended bag, but it could be damaged, perhaps by a force of several kg. I've found I can't get everything I need into the Extended bag, so that goes in a rucksack with my tablet and tablet mount.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
I bought the extended bag. It's really compact bag, the SC3 controller on a stabil position in the bag. Great with the 2 extra batteries.

Where did you buy the extended bag, and shots of the inside and with the components in place ?

03F5FD37-538F-4944-95F6-032884A45B32.jpeg8426C21D-B78B-41B5-8839-58A63D97E3B4.jpeg5F41EAC3-A554-4E29-8B6E-532EE782C773.jpegB3C1FAE3-D4A3-47A0-8806-992421F455EF.jpeg
I bought it at Amazon.de for 617 euro send incl. But that was on black friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROBANAFI
Waiting for my extended at Georgia republic, not state. Was bought at parrot.com for 699 $

Yes I see you purchased as the complete Anafi Extended Bundle..... I though you meant you had purchased the extended bag by itself, which made me wonder as Parrot support advised me on Friday that it WILL be available as an accessory, they just dont have it on the store yet.

Fingers crossed it comes in time for Santa :D Looks a nice handy bag.

I already have the usual grey one that sells on Amazon/eBay which is square and flat, but the extended looks more compact.

I think the one most compact (regarding size and ability to stow things) is the Hobbyking turnigy transmitter bag, mentionend in the rcgroups Anafi thread.

Yes Sir!
Fits my Anafi, SC, Xiaomi miMax, 2 batts, Mimax holder, power supply, cables and other things..

Attachments

• IMG_20181102_162840.jpg
    IMG_20181102_162840.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
That looks great.... Just on Hobbyking now and ordered 2.... at £7.82 each you cannot go wrong really...... Other one will be great for my day bag for work.

Just had an email back from Parrot Support, basically stating they have no idea at all if and when the extended case will be available for purchase as an accessory.

That was after telling me it WOULD be available shortly, in their email they sent me less than 2 weeks ago.

Fortunately my Hobbyking cases will be arriving tomorrow - Following the recommendation of "ralf-parrotpilots" (above)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut