Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fast Charger for Parrot Anafi.

Pretty Parrot

Reaction score
I have an Anker A2042 charger that I use with the Anafi cables. It does seem to take time to charge up batteries. I don't mind that, but sometimes I need a faster charge. Is there a faster charger for Anafi Batteries?

I use this: Amazon.com
The Anafi will accept USB-C PD at 12V/2.0A and any charger that supports that will charge much more quickly than a usual USB 5V/1.0A.

This kind of thing can help check if you are getting the power and current you expect: Amazon.com

I use this: Amazon.com
The Anafi will accept USB-C PD at 12V/2.0A and any charger that supports that will charge much more quickly than a usual USB 5V/1.0A.

This kind of thing can help check if you are getting the power and current you expect: Amazon.com
2A (2 Amps) is typical now with standard USB A chargers/cables. You're right in that you want a USB-C PD charger, but these typically put out 4 or more amps per port. In fact I just ordered the below this morning. 25W / 5V = 5A per port/block. These will charge your Anafi battery in a liitle over an hour as opposed to 3+ hours for a standard USB A charger at 2A.

1642786586759.png

2A (2 Amps) is typical now with standard USB A chargers/cables. You're right in that you want a USB-C PD charger, but these typically put out 4 or more amps per port. In fact I just ordered the below this morning. 25W / 5V = 5A per port/block. These will charge your Anafi battery in a liitle over an hour as opposed to 3+ hours for a standard USB A charger at 2A.

View attachment 5874
Power is rated in Watts. 12 Volts x 2 Amps is 24Watts which the Anafi will accept and about the maximum it can take. This will charge the Anafi 20.5 Whr battery in about an hour, theoretically about 50 minutes but the current will taper off.
A 5V / 5A charger is unusual.
Good luck!

You are correct, I had read something that led me to believe the PD chargers still provided 5 volts so I was basing my power wattage calcs on that, but that is not the case. Thanks for the correction! According to Wikepdia It looks like they can provide up to 20V.

A typical USB A to Mini USB or Micro USB these days supplies 2A (older ones can supply 1A or even less) at 5V, so thats 10W. The chargers I recommended above supply 25 watts so that's 2.5 times faster, regardless if it's done through increasing amps or voltage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame