Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANAFI 1.7.3, ANAFI THERMAL 1.7.3, ANAFI USA 1.7.4, FREEFLIGHT 6.7.0 (IOS & ANDROID), SKYCONTROLLER3 1.7.0

Not that I think there is anything to be concerned about as long as its charging and holding its charge as it should do, but you could try doing a battery hard reset:

1590823344595.png

Then take it out for a good hover at low level to make sure its ok. Run the battery down for maybe 15mins, then once cooled down, put it on charge and see how it performs.

Reactions: dashSolo
Having to "restore purchase" for Follow everytime I open the app, anyone else have this issue? Left me without Follow mode when I don't have internet connection.

Well monitoring the forum everyday I have not seen anyone mention it. Never seen it on any of the facbook groups either. Have you tried deleting the App and cleaning out the cache then reinstalling?

Well monitoring the forum everyday I have not seen anyone mention it. Never seen it on any of the facbook groups either. Have you tried deleting the App and cleaning out the cache then reinstalling?

No I haven't tried that but I will, thanks.

Anyone else running 1.6.8 with success or failure?

I've been considering buying the Anafi Thermal for several months, but all of these firmware issues have had me worried. And now I need to make my decision.

There is a guy selling them (new) on ebay for $1,700 USD right now, and his sale ends in about 24 hours. In other words, if I want to save the $200 (they are still $1,900 USD on Amazon), then I need to make up my mind.
Today I sent the seller a message to see if he could tell me what FW version was currently installed, he came back with 1.6.4 and suggested an update to 1.6.8 upon arrival.

Here is the ebay ad for reference:
Parrot ANAFI THERMAL 4K HDR 21MP +-90 Degree Dual Camera Professional Drone NEW! 3520410048371 | eBay

For the record: I would normally stick to purchases like this on Amazon, but in this case, $200 is significant and this guy has 100% feedback.

Anyways if anyone else is running this new 1.6.8 firmware, I would really like to hear about it.

Gipsz Jakab- Have you updated to 1.6.8 yet?

UPDATE:
I just spoke with Parrot regarding the purchase on Ebay. They explained to me that many times they have seen customers purchase what they thought was a new Anafi, and find out later (when trying to make a warranty claim) that it had actually been activated prior to their purchase. For that reason, Parrot cannot stand behind the 1-year warranty when the drone is purchased from Ebay (even if it is new).

So I guess I'm not in a huge rush after-all, because I'll be buying from Amazon now. Still would love more feedback on 1.6.8

Last edited:
Reactions: Thanev
[...]

There is a guy selling them (new) on ebay for $1,700 USD right now, and his sale ends in about 24 hours. In other words, if I want to save the $200 (they are still $1,900 USD on Amazon), then I need to make up my mind.
Today I sent the seller a message to see if he could tell me what FW version was currently installed, he came back with 1.6.4 and suggested an update to 1.6.8 upon arrival.
[...]

HOW is he knowing, that there is 1.6.4 in the bird/box?
For that to know, either that must be the first FW available , when Parrot started to deliver them.
Or he must have looked into it, started it, connected it, .....
I'd go with the Parrot advice, here:
" They explained to me that many times they have seen customers purchase what they thought was a new Anafi, and find out later (when trying to make a warranty claim) that it had actually been activated prior to their purchase "

I believe he pulled one of the birds out and checked it. He said that he has an anafi that he uses personally (the non-thermal version).
He also admitted that getting Parrot to honor the 1-year warranty when purchased from Ebay could go either way. He said that some of his customers have been successful and others not so much. He has been very transparent and responsive. I honestly believe that the anafi birds he is selling are in fact new, but I cannot take the risk of Parrot denying the warranty for a $200 savings.
The risk is not worth the reward to me.
I will likely wait a bit longer and then purchase from Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRC
I created 4 Flight Plans on Saturday and had other short flights so maybe 7 flights total. Created Flight Plans and all but the last flight was a success. The last flight the Anafi fell out of the sky. Everything was looking good on the screen, then it went blank. Took me 30 minutes to find the Anafi. The App showed the last reported position so I walked toward the location. For some reason the App wasn't display a correct location for the remote/phone. As I walked my location wasn't moving forward, so I had to keep hitting back and then forward on the app to refresh my location. Anyway...I did find the drone very close to the last reported position. No damage and nothing broken. I hot the power button on the Anafi, it powered on and connected and no errors were seen on screen.

Version 1.6.7 is what was loaded. I guess I may update to 1.6.8 later.

Attached the Flight Plan, GPS Tracks and Graph.

The video is corrupt and won’t play because it never finished writing, so when trying to open it errors. I did record and stop a short test video after the crash when I returned to my table. Guess it’s lost video.

Is there a place I can upload and view my log files? I used Flight Data Manager to export and was wondering if there is further information available to why it just fell out the sky.

Attachments

• IMG-0233.PNG
    IMG-0233.PNG
    295 KB · Views: 31
  • Fligth Data Anafi crash 1.jpg
    Fligth Data Anafi crash 1.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 32
If you upload the .json file from the flight, some of the users will have a look and see if they work out what went wrong.

Personally I would be looking at the firmware 1.6.7 which we knew had significant issues. Did you also update the batteries with that firmware?

Parrot had issues with 1.6.7 in the way it calculated remaining power, the firmware on the batteries will be fine (assuming you upgraded) but would definitely look at moving from 1.6.7 on the Anafi

If you upload the .json file from the flight, some of the users will have a look and see if they work out what went wrong.

Personally I would be looking at the firmware 1.6.7 which we knew had significant issues. Did you also update the batteries with that firmware?

Parrot had issues with 1.6.7 in the way it calculated remaining power, the firmware on the batteries will be fine (assuming you upgraded) but would definitely look at moving from 1.6.7 on the Anafi
I did update, but now have updated to 1.6.8

Thanks, I just deleted the 1.6.2 version app and reinstalled. It worked, Controller now 1.6.3 version. Then, updated drone to 1.6.8 all went well. Then, updated all three batteries, that went well.

I’ll fly later today, see if I see a noticeable difference. I had lost flight range with the old app when I had updated the last time, ans batteries were acting funny.

Thanks again
Paul

I updated to 1.6.8 form 1.6.7 but there is nothing showing for my batteries. I power on, App connects and reports all is updated to latest. I plugged in a power to the battery and still nothing pops up or any place to click and update the battery.

That would suggest you did the battery update when you did 1.6.7. There has been no battery update since then. But in 1.6.8 they fixed the element that works out how much battery is left.

Reactions: Dwalke34
That would suggest you did the battery update when you did 1.6.7. There has been no battery update since then. But in 1.6.8 they fixed the element that works out how much battery is left.
Thanks for clearing that up

Took the new updated Anafi Thermal for a spin. The wind was too strong for high altitudes. Flew around my yard till it used up 85% of the battery. No problems.
Did you face any Anafi shutdown while in mid air at certain battery levels

Hoy recibí mi dron la actualice al 1.6.8 lo mismo su control remoto. Si restauró de fábrica se debe actualizar nuevamente el firmware o eso no cambia?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320