Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FF6 update

Added compatibility with DronelogBook, a flight logging service that provides secure data storage-connect to your DronelogBook account from FreeFlight 6. Synchronize all your flight data automatically and seamlessly on DroneLogBook serves.

Last edited:
Added compatibility with DronelogBook, a flight logging service that provides secure data storage-connect to your DronelogBook account from FreeFlight 6. Synchronize all your flight data automatically and seamlessly on DroneLogBook serves.

Looks like they did it again , adding some useless things , ... instead of fixing the past bugs .

Ok so I actually use Dronelogbook so I figured out where to log into my account in FF6 but how do I sync my flights? ?

Synchronize all your flight data automatically and seamlessly on DroneLogbook servers.

Ya I was looking for that option but from what I can tell it does not seem to be working for me. Perhaps the page needs updating. I also thought the reason it was added to the FF6 App was to simplify the process.
Oh well I will figure it out.

The App that Gipsz Jakab has in his post #9 is the dronelogbook for your phone or tablet. It is not the FF6 App.
If I use the dronelogbook App and sync my data all it does is sync what ever data I already have back to my phone. Not a big help as I use my computer and dronelogbook web page to log flights.
As you can see I am logged in to dronelogbook in FF6 but there is no option to sync older flights. At least I cannot find it. So I am unclear if we can back up old flights or is this update only for new flights and those will be logged automatically?
20200325_210339_rmscr.jpg

A lot of information here but still does not tell me how it is all sync.
So much information can be understood by now:
"which will allow pilots to keep track of their equipment’s performance, schedule necessary maintenance, as well as record and report all pertinent information to comply with FAA regulation."
So it is understandable why they got into the firmware and closed the FCC in version 1.6.4. The aim is to prohibit and follow the law. In the meantime, the bugs became because they weren't paying attention.

Went out for a short flight in the back yard this afternoon. Landed and came in the house to check DroneLog Book site on my account. Sure enough the flight was already uploaded with all the parameters I had set in my profile. I think its a good option for us who has to log flights. Here in Canada we are required to do the following which I have been doing since last year. This just makes my job easier.

Technical Records
902.34 (1) Every operator of an unmanned aircraft system operated under this Subpart shall keep the following technical records in respect of the system:

(a) the air time of each flight or series of flights, the cumulative total air time and, where applicable, the number of operating cycles or landings since the date of manufacture; and
(b) particulars of any maintenance action, modification or repair performed.
(2) Every operator of an unmanned aircraft system operated under this Subpart who transfers ownership of the system to another person shall, at the time of transfer, also deliver to that person all of the technical records that relate to that system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut