Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

First Data Over Lay using FlightData Manager

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Thanks to Kenth Fuglsang Jensen for answering my email about the problem I was having with his program and for hime to have a fix shortly after was truly amazing.
Thank You Sir

Before anyone says hey your horizon is tilted, why yes it is. I just forgot to level it out. Need video to test and learn FlightData Manager and this is what I came home with.
If you have ever used Dashware or RaceRender you will catch on fast with this program. Actually a lot easier I thought.
Here is my test video.

Thanks to Kenth Fuglsang Jensen for answering my email about the problem I was having with his program and for hime to have a fix shortly after was truly amazing.
Thank You Sir

Before anyone says hey your horizon is tilted, why yes it is. I just forgot to level it out. Need video to test and learn FlightData Manager and this is what I came home with.
If you have ever used Dashware or RaceRender you will catch on fast with this program. Actually a lot easier I thought.
Here is my test video.

I d/loaded the latest version, Are there any tutorials on how to use this program. I haven't been able to figure out how to upload flightlogs to Parrot.cloud or even find the .json file. Do you have to plug the Anafi into the PC using the Type C on the battery while the drone is powered on ?? :unsure:

In the App if you have sharing your info checked it will upload your flights to the parrot cloud. Once you do that in the program you can then downlod you logs. I have no idea how the .json file part works but I think that is geared more to the Bebop's. No idea for sure.

I did find the Virbedit does not like the Anafi's video format so you have to use a video converter to change it. I used Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate but I am sure there are others. It could be just a codec I am missing but that is what I had to doe to get the video to show up in Virbedit.
The tutorial from the programs site is pretty good but kind of out of date now.

In the App if you have sharing your info checked it will upload your flights to the parrot cloud. Once you do that in the program you can then downlod you logs. I have no idea how the .json file part works but I think that is geared more to the Bebop's. No idea for sure.

I did find the Virbedit does not like the Anafi's video format so you have to use a video converter to change it. I used Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate but I am sure there are others. It could be just a codec I am missing but that is what I had to doe to get the video to show up in Virbedit.
The tutorial from the programs site is pretty good but kind of out of date now.
Thanks, I have Wondershare Ultimate converter, what type of file do you have to convert the video to?

On the programs web site there a known problem with Virbedit, one is the video format (not showing up) and the other is the actual Virbedit to use. I used the newest one and I guess pitch and roll gauges are not working so you need to download and install version 5.1.3 located here. Dropbox - VIRBEditforWindows_513.exe

As for what I changed it to was just saved as MP4 and I guess that format was ok after the conversion.

OK, I will try it with the Wondershare software if it doesn't work I will install VLC. I have installed FDP & VerbEdit 5.1.3, is that the one you are using? Read that the roll & yaw wasn't showing up in the latest 5.4.2 version. Now I just need to share the logs to the cloud on my next flights. Where do you locate the share setting in FF6?

One of the free programs you can use is Avidemux. I have used it in the past on my Yuneec CGO3 camera MP4 files as they will not show up in certain programs. It is very fast and works perfectly on VirbEdit. Just open video file in Avidemux, use AVIMuxer as the video output and save it to a folder.

Reactions: QuadKid
One of the free programs you can use is Avidemux. I have used it in the past on my Yuneec CGO3 camera MP4 files as they will not show up in certain programs. It is very fast and works perfectly on VirbEdit. Just open video file in Avidemux, use AVIMuxer as the video output and save it to a folder.
Thanks. Will d/load it now (y)

All the spikes on the speed graph is related to a problem with speed is not reported correctly by the Parrot server, so the FlightData Manager calculates the speed based on latitude and longitude for every single second in the log, as a workaround, and this is not super accurate, hopefully Parrot fixes this soon

Today Kenth has released the second update of his program. I have been working with him to try and fix some bugs (errors) . This last update has fixed any errors I was getting. Visit FlightData Manager web site to get the update.

Today Kenth has released the second update of his program. I have been working with him to try and fix some bugs (errors) . This last update has fixed any errors I was getting. Visit FlightData Manager web site to get the update.
Thanks Agustine, got V 4.0.4, much appreciated.

Hello, is there a place where i can download VIRBEditforWindows_513.exe, because the dropbox location is not available anymore.

Hi, yes its important to use the 5.1.3 version, you can download from HERE (156Mb)

And HERE are the templates used for the Anafi, referenced in the FDM Write up

Last edited:
Hi, anyone have a link to the 5.1.3 version? Links in the docs and above are broken. thanks :)

Actually, that's not true, I found a good link in the docs:
VIRBEditforWindows_513.zip

But, I am still looking for a 5.1.3 version of virb-edit for the Mac. Anyone have a link?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut