Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight data from crash

jeffmm1

Reaction score
Hello - I am looking for assistance from anyone who understands how to understand the flight data. Four minutes into my flight at approximately 200 feet , fully charged battery and 100 % GPS lock my Bebop 2 stopped completely in mid air and crashed. I am thinking it's battery related?

I had my Bebop2 do same thing. A bit of trouble getting it to connect with my Galaxy tablet. After it did connect, I took off, and climbed to about 25 feet. It just stopped, and fell to ground.
I was still in warranty, and after a bunch of e-mails to Parrot, they replaced it.
Here's a "very" short video of that flight.

What kind of flight logs Bebop 2 has? JSON files like the Anafi?

br HE

I had my Bebop2 do same thing. A bit of trouble getting it to connect with my Galaxy tablet. After it did connect, I took off, and climbed to about 25 feet. It just stopped, and fell to ground.
I was still in warranty, and after a bunch of e-mails to Parrot, they replaced it.
Here's a "very" short video of that flight.
Thanks Larry - that is a lot of damage! My Bebop fell at about 200 feet onto a hard paved road and and i need to replace a foot , nose, couple of props and the camera. I thought the thing would look mangled but considering the crash once I replace the nose you wont be able to tell it was in a crash that severe. These things are durable!

Hi Jeff,

I remember having read about a very similar case in another forum. This guy also posted some videos and put a fair amount of effort in this topic to find out what had caused the crash.
He even had a video of it, showing the Bebop 2 flying just fine and the suddenly shutting off the motors and drop like dead.

After some investigation, the guy finally found out that the problem was his flight battery. Obviously, the contacts of the battery were somewhat faulty or worn and as a result of this, the Bebop went out of power in mid-air. He replaced the battery and has not experienced the problem since then.

Although this is not a 100% evidence that his conclusion was correct and the batteries' contacts very faulty, I find it very likely from a technical/logical point of view.
When the drone just shuts completely off, I think it is not unrealistic to assume that this happens because of a lack of power. I can hardly think of any other reasons, that would result in such a behaviour.

So maybe it is your battery?

Best regards,

Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaefer73