Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight Data Manager V 4.1.2

QuadKid

Reaction score
Just Completed a quick video using the latest version 4.1.2, everything looks OK except the Altitude is indicating feet but in reality it is measuring meters. Speed, Heading & Battery % seem to be OK. Also noticed no data for Pitch & Roll. Any suggestions Mr. Agustine?

Are you still using the newer virb edit? I seem to remember you had a problem running the recommended one.

"
Pitch and Roll gauges not working:
In the latest version of Virb Edit, such as version 5.4.2 the pitch and roll gauges is not working, it will always shows the value as zero.
To fix this you have to uninstall Virb Edit and instead install version 5.1.3, it can be found here."

Are you still using the newer virb edit? I seem to remember you had a problem running the recommended one.

"
Pitch and Roll gauges not working:
In the latest version of Virb Edit, such as version 5.4.2 the pitch and roll gauges is not working, it will always shows the value as zero.
To fix this you have to uninstall Virb Edit and instead install version 5.1.3, it can be found here."
Yes Latest 5.4.2, easy enough to roll back to 5.1.3, any idea about the altitude gauge showing feet and the data in meters? I'm wondering if this has something to do with FF6 now being Imperial for my location but FDM only recognizing altitude as meters?

Last edited:
Well I never had version 4.1.2 install so I went a head and installed it just to see if that was a bug in the new software but mine worked out OK. I remember it once asked you to pick feet or meters and you only had to do it once and then it would remember your choice. I know I had picked feet. Wonder if that is the problem?

That may be the reason, going to try uninstalling and reinstall, see if it asks me the preference, since prior to the last update only meters were available thru the app.

A Fire at 1AM yesterday morning.

Wow there is some devastation there...... Not as bad as the tower block in London that was on Fire, but bad enough..... Fire is the one thing that frightens the hell out of me, we train Aviation and Offshore firefighters from around the worl, so have seen how hard it is just to put out a simple fire

Wow there is some devastation there...... Not as bad as the tower block in London that was on Fire, but bad enough..... Fire is the one thing that frightens the hell out of me, we train Aviation and Offshore firefighters from around the worl, so have seen how hard it is just to put out a simple fire
Sadly 1 elderly gentleman was killed, he was living on the third floor, the police said that from the start of the fire in the basement (boiler fire) it traveled up through the walls and engulfed the attic in like 5 minutes, by the time the fire dept arrived the roof system collapsed onto the 3rd floor resulting in that fatality.

Sadly 1 elderly gentleman was killed, he was living on the third floor, the police said that from the start of the fire in the basement (boiler fire) it traveled up through the walls and engulfed the attic in like 5 minutes, by the time the fire dept arrived the roof system collapsed onto the 3rd floor resulting in that fatality.

Really sad to hear that.

Flight Data Manager shows Icon to d/load Anafi templates into VIRB Edit, have tried it many times to no avail. VIRB Edit is still only showing templates for BeeBop and other generic temps? I know I have a simultaneous .fit file and video imported (BTW it now offers .fit files in both Feet & Metric) but the numbers don't line up, showing 3 feet elevation (when actually around 30') and speed .1 to 2.1 (when actually 6>8 Mph) ??

I know that in the version before version 4.1.2 he said that you need to completely uninstall Verb edit to get rid of all old templates. It would seem you have some left over maybe. If you can find where they are stored perhaps try to uninstall them and see if it will install the right ones.

Reactions: QuadKid
I just remembered you can just delete the old ones from the place where you install them from.

" It will be a good idea to delete old Virb templates before installing the new ones, this can be done in the same menu as where the new ones are installed"

New version out now, version 4.1.4, which states is now compatible with the Anafi. However, when trying to import a .JSON file with the flight data, FDM Fails with the message that the file is not from the BeBop or Disco.

I have contacted Kenth this afternoon and sent him my .JSON from the Anafi, and he will be rectifying the issue in the coming days.

.JSON files don't work. You need the flight logs from Parrot Cloud. Parrot stopped supporting .JSON files so Kenth left that option out.

Oh thats odd.... The option is still there in the latest release, and once I spoke to Kenth, he told me to send over a JSON file and he would have a look at fixing it.

Yep sussed out that I can download from the Parrot cloud.

Just received an email from Kenth to say he has fixed the issue with loading .JSON file and upgraded the application to 4.1.5 which is available now.

Just testing and it works perfectly :)

I know we could import from the Parrot Cloud, but on one of my devices I wont have internet access so would just like the option. Apart from anything, from a developers point of view, it does not look good having option buttons available, and users finding they dont work.

Awesome response and turnaround from Kenth....... Now to play

Download from HERE

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
This is actually good news as sometimes flights don't show up on the cloud so this way you can use your flight right away. Great (y)

d95gas, short question:
Where can I find .json files?
On my Anafi I only find log.bin.
Reason for my question: I don't like the Parrot cloud.