Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight Plan oddity

TJBC75

Reaction score
Yesterday, had a decent weather day in the Chicago area and decided to take the Anafi out for a bit. Wanted to experiment with Flight Plan. Set up two Flight Plans, one close to my house just to make sure everything was working (was just over a 1 minute) and a longer 6 minute flight plan to a park nearby my house. Everything checked out with the Anafi and I ran the first flight plan. Went off flawlessly. Landed the Anafi and loaded the second flight plan, the much longer one. When I pressed the play button on the FreeFlight 6 app, the Anafi took off and redid the first flight plan again even though I had the second flight plan loaded on my screen! Surprised the heck out of me. Landed the Anafi and tried again with the second flight plan. Now, when I pressed the play button to start the second flight plan, nothing happened. Still had connection between the Anafi/controller and tablet, but no response on the flight plan. Loaded a third short flight plan just to see what would happen and again, pressing the play button after loading that Flight Plan produced no results. The Anafi would not take off. No response. Went back into Freeflight 5 and changed to flying in manual mode and all was fine with the Anafi. Anybody else have a similar issue with running multiple flight plans in one flying session?

Yesterday, had a decent weather day in the Chicago area and decided to take the Anafi out for a bit. Wanted to experiment with Flight Plan. Set up two Flight Plans, one close to my house just to make sure everything was working (was just over a 1 minute) and a longer 6 minute flight plan to a park nearby my house. Everything checked out with the Anafi and I ran the first flight plan. Went off flawlessly. Landed the Anafi and loaded the second flight plan, the much longer one. When I pressed the play button on the FreeFlight 6 app, the Anafi took off and redid the first flight plan again even though I had the second flight plan loaded on my screen! Surprised the heck out of me. Landed the Anafi and tried again with the second flight plan. Now, when I pressed the play button to start the second flight plan, nothing happened. Still had connection between the Anafi/controller and tablet, but no response on the flight plan. Loaded a third short flight plan just to see what would happen and again, pressing the play button after loading that Flight Plan produced no results. The Anafi would not take off. No response. Went back into Freeflight 5 and changed to flying in manual mode and all was fine with the Anafi. Anybody else have a similar issue with running multiple flight plans in one flying session?

Yes there is the little bug you mentioned in FlightPlan on FF6. You also explained how to get around it.

I advice you should write to Parrot and draw attention to the presence of the insect. The more people write and draw attention to the error, the greater the chance it will be corrected. ;)

Regards, Leif.

I did contact Parrot. They indicated the following:

Please reset Anafi by turning it on, press and hold the power button until all 4 LED lights turn red, then you can let go and Anafi will restart. *Please note that this step will erase all data.

If the issue with Flight Plan and Panorama still exists after the reset please let me know so I can forward this issue to our developers.

Not sure if this will resolve anything as I believe the FreeFlight 6 app is the problem and not the Anafi hardware, but I will give it a try. I will also try and clear the cache on the FreeFlight 6 app to see if that helps.

Raining out now, so I guess I will give it another try later this week when the weather is better.

I did contact Parrot. They indicated the following:

Please reset Anafi by turning it on, press and hold the power button until all 4 LED lights turn red, then you can let go and Anafi will restart. *Please note that this step will erase all data.

If the issue with Flight Plan and Panorama still exists after the reset please let me know so I can forward this issue to our developers.

Not sure if this will resolve anything as I believe the FreeFlight 6 app is the problem and not the Anafi hardware, but I will give it a try. I will also try and clear the cache on the FreeFlight 6 app to see if that helps.

Raining out now, so I guess I will give it another try later this week when the weather is better.

I would more than doubt it helps to reset your Anafi. I guess it's a bug in the APP or firmware. Especially when there are other who have the same problem, it smells like a code error that cannot be reset and go away.

Good luck, regards, Leif.

Tried the reset Parrot told me to do, although I never thought that was the issue. It was not. After the reset, the same problems in FreeFlight 6 occurred - mostly non-responsive radio buttons for the Flight Plan mode and the Panorama mode. Contacted Parrot again, here is what they said:

I apologize for the delay as I was investigating the issue further to check if it's a common issue with the application. Sadly the issue happened with many users.

I have escalated it to the developers to start working on releasing an update that will resolve this as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I will leave the case open to let you know once the issue has been resolved.

You would think that 7 months after the release of the Anafi, Parrot would get their act together and put out a reliable product that functions with the feature set they put out. I like the Anafi when it works, but when it doesn't, my mind starts wandering to Autel and DJI.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut