Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight plan point limit?

Has anyone run up against a limit of how many points you can have in a Flight Plan? 50? 100? 200?

In FreeFlight PRO, I mean the maximum number is 99. Therefore, I guess the same number applies to FreeFlight 6.

You'll probably also find it difficult to reach all 99 waypoints on a battery. ;) ?

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Well, so far I have about 65, but I have not flown it yet. It is following a small meandering creek with a total distance of about 1.9 km. At 5 m/s that should take about 6 1/2 minutes, so I'm sure the battery will last. I doubt if I will ever need 99 points, but good to know.

I tried to follow this creek by manual flight, but looking almost straight down I could not anticipate the turns and was all over the place. A perfect test for Flight Plan!

Well, so far I have about 65, but I have not flown it yet. It is following a small meandering creek with a total distance of about 1.9 km. At 5 m/s that should take about 6 1/2 minutes, so I'm sure the battery will last. I doubt if I will ever need 99 points, but good to know.

I tried to follow this creek by manual flight, but looking almost straight down I could not anticipate the turns and was all over the place. A perfect test for Flight Plan!

Yes, in that case I can see you need many waypoints. Remember to consider the height on the trip if the creek has heavily flowing water.

Regards, Leif.

Well, after editing, I'm up to 97 points! I don't think I'll press my luck any further. I've already hit delete point half a dozen times when I meant to hit edit. ? As far as I can figure, there is no way to add a point in the line between two points. I've certainly learned to save the plan every few points!

Altitude is not a problem, the whole flight will be between 98 and 148 feet and the tallest bushes are only 20 feet.I want to be sure to get enough shoreline but still see bottom detail....the creek is only 3 feet deep.

Well, after editing, I'm up to 97 points! I don't think I'll press my luck any further. I've already hit delete point half a dozen times when I meant to hit edit. ? As far as I can figure, there is no way to add a point in the line between two points. I've certainly learned to save the plan every few points!

Altitude is not a problem, the whole flight will be between 98 and 148 feet and the tallest bushes are only 20 feet.I want to be sure to get enough shoreline but still see bottom detail....the creek is only 3 feet deep.

Well, you can insert a waypoint by putting a finger on the line midway between two waypoints and holding it for 1 second. Then you have the choice between Inserting Waypoint, Edit Waypoint and changing from Constant to Progressive Course or vice versa.

Yes, just remember to save your work so you can go back to an older version if there is an error in the route or other unforeseen things happen.

Now that you have so many waypoints on the route, you could try out if the limit is at the 99 waypoints or if I am wrong.

Regards, Leif.

I guess I didn't hold it for a whole second....I thought I did.

I will try to go beyond 99 waypoints as a test with that flight plan....just add three more! :)

Yes, unforeseen things happen often! Like a fingertip press just slightly wrong and the whole flight plan disappears!!!! :oops:

I can run Teamviewer, but my Nexus and Win7 laptop will not allow manipulation of anything, just viewing. Perhaps the Samsung S9+ I'm getting next week will work. THAT would be great!! Creating a huge Flight Plan with close point spacing is very frustrating on such a small screen....it took me over an hour and lots of cursing. ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville