Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Follow Me Test in Cold Weather Conditions - Mainly Success

Ah ye, interesting. I guess that is good in case you need to adjust the flight a bit. But I'd be a little wary about damaging it.
I can't really see me being able to do this while skiing. I was thinking that I could get a phone armband thing for the mobile which I could have on my forearm sleeve.

I can't see why the SC3 is required for this feature, it should be able to work with just a mobile phone.

My guess is the WiFi signal, if only emitted by the phone, would not be powerful enough to give fast and reliable informations to the Anafi.
The pre-treatment made by the phone, its GPS and its Barometer sensors and the communication with the Anafi via the SC3 seems to be more reliable.
It’s not sure (but already read complaints about people who would also like to fly with phone only in follow me mode).

Well... you will be the one skiing with a backpack ;o)

Ye, my thought was most likely the WiFi signal. I do ski with a backpack but not sure about having the controller in there bouncing around pressing different buttons even with 3d printed joystick locks etc.
Could maybe mod the controller so it can be switched on while closed and then put it in a controller case with USB cable out the back of it. Last resort maybe :p
Will try out some more experiments at some point to see.
Thank you.

Reactions: MustangPhil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut