Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Found another damaged prop

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
This is the second one that had hair line cracks. I had one with a big chip out it. Never have I crashed the Anafi and I am very careful when handling it and putting it away in its case. Going out this morning so I did a pre-fight check and found this prop. Can't stress this enough.....check those props.

20181029_060452.jpg

Reactions: Philb
This is the second one that had hair line cracks. I had one with a big chip out it. Never have I crashed the Anafi and I am very careful when handling it and putting it away in its case. Going out this morning so I did a pre-fight check and found this prop. Can't stress this enough.....check those props.

View attachment 406

Suppose it is bad plastic your knives are made of since you can continue to find them. I have now flown 142 times with mine without finding a single crack. I would save the remains and send them to Parrot if it was mine since they continue to crack.

The type of crack you find on the knife is due vibrations and not because it has hit something.

I had a set of props for my Dji Mavic Pro that also has that kind of cracks. I received a set of exchange from the Danish dealer without charge.

How low is the lowest temperature you have flown in ?

Regards Leif.

Around 38F but the others were during the summer time so temp had very little to do with it.

Yes ok, 3 degrees celsius.

Both yes and no. This time it was not summer. All plastic gets more brittle/breakable/fragile, the lower the temperature it is exposed to under use.

Regards Leif.

Last edited:
If that is the case you would have seen a lot more complaints. Some of the early beta testers used theirs up in the mountains with cold weather and snow. The props are just a bad design.

Reactions: Kilrah

View attachment 406
Agustine, are that really hair line cracks?
I ask because the props have a matt surface and every superficial scratch looks like beeing deep or reaching through the whole material.
I cannot imagine real hair line cracks in such a soft material.

Last edited:
Agustine, are that really hair line cracks?
I ask because the props have a matt surface and every superficial scratch looks like beeing deep or reaching through the whole material.
I cannot imagine real hair line cracks in such a soft material.
Yes they are cracks all the way through. They stop where the material gets thicker and probably would not break in flight but why take a chance.

If that is the case you would have seen a lot more complaints. Some of the early beta testers used theirs up in the mountains with cold weather and snow. The props are just a bad design.

If your thesis with a bad design were true it would indeed have given a lot of complaints. Therefore, I have to conclude that the design does not fail anything but it is bad quality plastic that your prop-knives are molded from.

By the way, I have ordered 3 sets of props homes from China in different colors. But I'm not sure I have the courage to fly with those without examining carefully by bending the knives after they have spent a day in the freezer. ;)

Regards Leif.

If your thesis with a bad design were true it would indeed have given a lot of complaints. Therefore, I have to conclude that the design does not fail anything but it is bad quality plastic that your prop-knives are molded from.

By the way, I have ordered 3 sets of props homes from China in different colors. But I'm not sure I have the courage to fly with those without examining carefully by bending the knives after they have spent a day in the freezer. ;)

Regards Leif.

I have a box full of those also and feel the same way but Parrot customer service told me to buy them as they had no supply at the time so if they think they are good enough I might just use them.

I bought a boat-load of extra props from off-brand makers and had no issues with them yet.

Just found my first cracked blade on my Anafi. I read on here a while back where someone posted and said to change out props between 100 and 120 flights. Mine has 120 flights logged. I'm taking it out this afternoon and was looking it over, sure enough, found my first crack. I just replaced all props, even though the other seven appeared okay. Should I toss them all in the trash or keep for spares?

Attachments

• blade1a.jpg
    blade1a.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
  • blade2a.jpg
    blade2a.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 23
  • blade3a.jpg
    blade3a.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 25
I just replaced all props, even though the other seven appeared okay. Should I toss them all in the trash or keep for spares?

When I lost my Anafi, I think only one prop failed at first as it was still 'controllable'. However I suspect the increased vibration caused the second blade to fail also. Once that happens the Anafi will just fall out of the sky. So I guess the question is, if a prop fails, can you trust the remaining seven to survive long enough to get you back safely?

I wouldn't. However, if one or two props had only small nicks in them and no cracks at close inspection with a magnifier, I would just replace the nicked ones. I hope that cheapskate idea doesn't bite me! :eek:

Just found my first cracked blade on my Anafi. I read on here a while back where someone posted and said to change out props between 100 and 120 flights. Mine has 120 flights logged. I'm taking it out this afternoon and was looking it over, sure enough, found my first crack. I just replaced all props, even though the other seven appeared okay. Should I toss them all in the trash or keep for spares?
These markings and cracks are created when the props smash into the next props mounting upon startup, have them myself but no cracks just "dents".
Now I set all my props in "back" position before startup to avoid this happening.
Think Parrot should make these lightly springloaded to be locked in to position before startup, without taking away the saftey feature of folding if colliding to anything.

Reactions: Moonfly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut