Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

From an original Phantom to the Anafi

BJN

Reaction score
I got an original version of the Phantom not long after it came out. I spent many more hours trying to DIY it into a decent camera platform than actually flying. I burned out from 3D-printed kludge parts, crappy gimbals, and managing too many scary batteries. I haven't flown in years, but my brother got a Mavic Air and I was introduced to how far drones have come since my stone age Phantom.

I'd like to say the kludge days are over, but the Anafi controller's bracket won't fit my big Nexus 6 phone, so on the very first day I stuck rubber feet to the bracket so it would hold my phone.

Why the Anafi over the Mavic Air or Mavic Pro? I read a lot of tales of not being able to fly a DJI because of a mandatory update and no data coverage. I like that the Anafi is quiet, and the camera looks pretty good (as long as the currently horrid HDR option isn't used). It's compact, and Parrot seems to be the most viable alternative in the shadow of DJI's unhealthy but deserved dominance.

I joined this forum when I found no forum at the Parrot site for Anafi. It looks like I'm not alone.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the ParrotPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Parrot quadcopters.
I can't answer you on that, but I bet someone will know.
Enjoy!

I think you made a great choice; It's the same choice I just made. I certaily don't have your drone experience but nearly everything I read made it the choice for me too. I like the quiet operation, the flight endurance, the ability to tilt through 180 degrees, zoom ability, better-than-usual customer service, what, I believe, is the overall best value for your drone dollar! But the DJI No Fly Zones and required updates was my biggest turn-off for any of the DJI products!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame