Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FrSky Taranis Controller For FreeFlight

Thanks for sharing, very ingenious idea. I’m going to try this on my RC controller, only problem I see is the flat antennas on SkyController 2 may give better range over the RC controller.

Still, great idea thanks so much for sharing!
Paul

Reactions: 1nformatica
Thanks for sharing, very ingenious idea. I’m going to try this on my RC controller, only problem I see is the flat antennas on SkyController 2 may give better range over the RC controller.

Still, great idea thanks so much for sharing!
Paul
Thank you Paul. I agree that the range will be limited as only using the smartphone WiFi signal. I have an upcoming project to build a WiFi booster from a "Vonets" module, stay tuned!!

Hi what is the adapter you use to attach / mount the phone to the taranis x9d.

Big deal. He is not using the frsky connection. Hes still using bluetooth or the phones wifi to connect to it which is crappy.

Always go for the SC2.

Would be nice if you could add your own receiver though.

Last edited:
The Taranis is linked to your phone (android Galaxy S10) and the phone links to the bebop (note not a bebop2 or 3) by wifi, so there is no range gained from the taranis. The only convenience is having familiar sticks to control thr, roll, pitch and yaw. I have tried this with Free Flight and ARDrone. With FreeFlight mapping the joystick to the taranis does not work at all. With ARDrone, I can map takeoff/land (button A) to channel 9 on the taranis (Ch9 corresponds to the first digital channel). The Thr, Roll, Pitch and Yaw mapping s are ignored. Switch F maps to Channel 9 successfully and the drone will take off and land using that switch. BUT the drone ignores the stick movements.
Once the taranis is connected to the phone, (without free flt or ARDrone running) moving the throttle stick does cause movements from icon to icon. Moving the ptich stick up and down also causes movements from icon to icon. This means the phone does SEE the radio as some sort of joystick. IE it is connected. Free Flight and AR drone also see it, but cannot understand what the radio is sending.
If anyone has any ideas, I am all ears.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut