Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Furious about the Parrot battery situation!!!

Air Raid

Reaction score
I'm looking for a second 3350mAh battery for my BB2. Decided to steer clear of aftermarket, so I went right to the Parrot website. It is impossible to add a battery to my shopping cart. So, I called tech support and was told that the website has issues, and that I need to browse the web to find a battery!!! (The real issue is that they don't have the product.) The only place I could find one is Amazon at $99.99!!!
This is total BS! I can buy a 2700 mAh battery, but then I need to buy a new charger.

I cannot tell you to remain calm, but just keep checking the official parrot parts stock each day because it updates near their real-time warehouse stock. I had wanted to get a backpack at half price for the BB2P and ran into a similar but waited a couple days and it was back in stock.

I'm looking for a second 3350mAh battery for my BB2. Decided to steer clear of aftermarket, so I went right to the Parrot website. It is impossible to add a battery to my shopping cart. So, I called tech support and was told that the website has issues, and that I need to browse the web to find a battery!!! (The real issue is that they don't have the product.) The only place I could find one is Amazon at $99.99!!!
This is total BS! I can buy a 2700 mAh battery, but then I need to buy a new charger.
Why do you "steer clear" of aftermarket batteries?

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it another week or two. Then I'll take my chances on a $55 Anbee off of Ebay
Why do you "steer clear" of aftermarket batteries?
Only because of some stories of negative experiences with them. Any recommendations? The Anbee on Ebay for $52.63 is awefully tempting. The charge voltage and output voltage exactly match the BB2 Power battery.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it another week or two. Then I'll take my chances on a $55 Anbee off of Ebay

Only because of some stories of negative experiences with them. Any recommendations? The Anbee on Ebay for $52.63 is awefully tempting. The charge voltage and output voltage exactly match the BB2 Power battery.
Hi! I must be in serious trouble then? I have three BB2's with 9 batteries? 6 of them cost me £26.00 each! People forget that they haven't charged them & need an excuse for their mishap! I Fly electric Heli's and have an "H" rating from the BMFA which admittedly I aquired the rating on Nitro fueled Heli's like a 30 class Thundertiger Raptor and an Align 700 50 class! The electric helis are a 450 Align, a 500 Align and a "brushless" MCPx blade which is tiny & very lively! The only word of caution from me is that they are LiPo batteries! They need watching because they can burst into flames whilst charging as my wife will attest to when my HP G56 laptop burst into flames whilst on charge & unattended in the dining room? The carpet was destroyed! Check out the Boeing "near catastrophy" with LiPo's on the 787 Dreamliner! And of course you need to remember that batteries can and do "wear out"

Hi! I must be in serious trouble then? I have three BB2's with 9 batteries? 6 of them cost me £26.00 each! People forget that they haven't charged them & need an excuse for their mishap! I Fly electric Heli's and have an "H" rating from the BMFA which admittedly I aquired the rating on Nitro fueled Heli's like a 30 class Thundertiger Raptor and an Align 700 50 class! The electric helis are a 450 Align, a 500 Align and a "brushless" MCPx blade which is tiny & very lively! The only word of caution from me is that they are LiPo batteries! They need watching because they can burst into flames whilst charging as my wife will attest to when my HP G56 laptop burst into flames whilst on charge & unattended in the dining room? The carpet was destroyed! Check out the Boeing "near catastrophy" with LiPo's on the 787 Dreamliner! And of course you need to remember that batteries can and do "wear out"
Okay...so what brand aftermarket batteries do you use for your BB2's?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut