Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GPS Coordinates displayed somewhere?

fireflyer451

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I am interested in the Thermal Anafi and have been researching it. Completely new to Parrot drones. What I have not found is if there is a way to display the current GPS coordinates on screen during a flight?

Is that an option somewhere in Freeflight? Or any other flight control software for this drone?

Thanks

On the hud display that you would be using for flying there is no read outs but you can click on the Anafi Icon at the top when its powered on and it will show a mini map with the read outs and last known location. You do lose FPV from the camera but regain it as soon as you go back to live view. I have never tried it but I believe this will work for your purpose.

Good afternoon,

I am interested in the Thermal Anafi and have been researching it. Completely new to Parrot drones. What I have not found is if there is a way to display the current GPS coordinates on screen during a flight?

Is that an option somewhere in Freeflight? Or any other flight control software for this drone?

Thanks

Hi.

No, unfortunately, you can probably not see Anafi's immediate GPS coordinates during the flight. However, you can see Anafi's immediate location on a map / Google satellite photo. The information I give here assumes that the screen image is the same when FreeFlight 6 is used for Anafi Terminal as for the general Anafi.

I think you should contact Parrot directly by email or phone and ask for the GPS coordinates, as it must of course be easy and quick to read where Anafi is under a fire far far away from everything. I'm pretty sure Parrot is very responsive to the desire.

Then of course, I hope that with a regular Anafi, we will also get GPS coordinates on the screen. :)

Regards, Leif.

.... I have never tried it but I believe this will work for your purpose.
Thanks Agustine! I will be needing to take a series of still photos from directly overhead of precise Lat/long waypoints in the next month or so. The points are not readily discernible from the camera view. Now all I have to do is translate from degrees and decimal degrees to degrees, minutes, and seconds format.

Do you use a Android phone or tablet? If so all you should need to do is make one waypoint where you want to take your photos. I does not have to be all that accurate. Then just edit the .Json waypoint in your FLIGHTPLAN folder to the exact spot.

By reading over this post I'm sure you can get a good idea of what I am talking about.

Hi, I have been flying the Anafi with iPad mini4. This does not have GPS and the controller does not show a green GPS. After recent update of all software and firmware I can no longer see the distance from the starting point it just shows a ?. I am pretty sure it used to show the true distance from the starting point. If I press return to Home the drone comes back correctly showing its flight on the pre-loaded map. If it does not know the distance from the starting point does this mean that the Geo fence will not work?

....Then just edit the .Json waypoint in your FLIGHTPLAN folder to the exact spot.

Thanks! I'll try that. Maybe someday I'll use that thread to go higher than 150 meters as well. Boy, the json sure has a lot of decimal places in the Lat Longs! Must be down to inches. ;)

Thanks for your reply. It is a pretty important need for my missions.
It’s hard to tell what your work is from the post, but you might find Pix4D useful for your needs. Pix4D is a subsidiary of Parrot. You can use their Pix4D Capture app to control the Anafi. The app is mainly geared for mapping and generating 3D models.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood