Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GPS - GSM - Other Tracker for Anafi (UK Based)

d95gas

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been looking to see what tracking options there are for us UK flyers. Seems we cannot get the "Marco Polo" without having to purchase from the likes of USA, then I believe its illegal in the UK due to the frequency it uses.

So my brain is fried with all the various options on Amazon UK.

So thought the best option is to see what other UK flyers are using, if anything at all. As a general rule, I stick by what the CAA tells me and only fly LOS, but you never know if you are going to get a "Flyaway", not that I hear of many with the Anafi.

It would also be used on my Mavic Pro. So would be very interested to see what recommendations there are.

Thanks

Not sure if you can get these in the UK but they work very well. Small enough for the Anafi also.

Ah yes forgot all about Trackimo. Quick look on Amazon UK - £114 so about £100 cheaper than Marco Polo.

Thanks for that Augustine..... Grey cells fading faster than anticipated :cry:

And there are multiple mounting options for the Trackimo for both the Anafi and the Mavic.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Would this V-Multi Tracker be cheaper in the long term as the Trackimo appears to be about €60 a year subscription (after the first year).

Yes the trackimo can work out fairly expensive when you look at total cost of ownership. I dont fly that often these days, so cost is a prime concern, also the loss of drone, as I know some will say the cost is minimal compared to losing the drone, but there has to be alternative cost effective options with all the technology we have these days.

I just heard back from the Company that does the Marco Polo, and they are happy to ship to the UK.... Which is great, but with our customs and Royal Mail charges you never know what else you are going to get hit with.

I do like the look of the "V-Multi Tracker", excellent price plus subscription of £2 a month is really good. Vodaphone cover best part of the country now, and to be honest I dont think I have every flown where I dont have a signal.... thats not to say it wont fly off into the back of beyond.

Going to take the hit on the V-Multi and give it a go. When not using it for flying, I can keep it in the car and my wife can track me, gives her peace of mind with all the miles I do.

Thanks (y)

Just also noticed the one they do for £55 called Trackisafe looks very very much like the Trackimo :)

Glad to be of service :)

Let us know how it works and where you fix it (on the Anafi )

Definitely, although you may need to work your magic with your printer :) I will order tonight and then see where best to fit it, guess wherever they usually fit the trackmo etc, and may even be able to adapt a pre-designed holder.

Definitely, although you may need to work your magic with your printer :) I will order tonight and then see where best to fit it, guess wherever they usually fit the trackmo etc, and may even be able to adapt a pre-designed holder.

Hi d95gas,

Do you have any further feedback?
Where/how did you fix it in the Anafi?
how much does it weight ?
Is there an impact on the control of the drone and on the quality of the flight?

Actually, this is limited to some countries in Europe but not for France, thus, anyone has some experiences with equivalent gears for France?

Thank you in advance

Hi,
To be honest I totally forgot about this with the frustration of current issues after 1.64 upgrade.

I did order it from Amazon, prompt delivery, but that was to be expected with "Prime".

Anyway onto the unit itself. Before I say anything, I have been working i the I.T industry for the last 30+ yrs, and work on some very complex systems, that I cannot even discuss.

So to say I was frustrated by this particular device was an understatement. One minute it would work, then it would fail.

GPS / Mapping wise, in the short time I tested, if it had been attached to either my Anafi or Mavic, I would have been no better off than if I hadn't put one on at all.

Other users had commented on how poor it was, but you have to check these things out for yourself. Needless to say, 48hrs later it was on its way back to Amazon.

So far I have not had chance to look at what other options there might be. Its obvious that "cheap" is not the way forward, I am going to have to invest in something decent, but at the moment thats on the back burner until I resolve my CE/FCC issues after 1.64 update.

Very useful feedback, thank you. I've been walking over several comments on different mini GPS trackers (for similar usage, small and low weight) and noticed that most of people were disappointed (precision of multiple hundred meters, unstable, costly subscriptions). We need to ask Parrot (and other drone vendors) to build an independent GPS tracker with its own battery embedded inside the drone. That could be very useful I think.
Actually, the reason I was looking for other experiences with GPS trackers is that I lost my Anafi last WE. With an extra mini GPS trackers I would have probably been able to find it. Maybe...

"LOst" my done yesterday
Flying a short distance away I lost it in the Sun -panicked and pressed return home THought i heard it and the last think i was on the screen was a chimney like the ones on our close
Looked al over the place for the drone Nothing
Connected my Phone to WiFi and the nearer I got to "Home" the better the signal was
Still nothing - Looked or the rooves of all the house - nothing UNtil my Wife spotted iton the gable end in the Gutter
It HAD returned home and landed
Never used RTH before without landing it myself
All is OK Luckily the battery did not go flat on the drone
So hopefull a tracker will give me this info

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking