Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GPS Issue

HaywardJoe

Reaction score
The FreeFlight 6 screen shows green for both my controller and Anafi GPS. But when I attempt Follow Me, FreeFlight 6 says the drone has no GPS and I cannot use Follow Me. What's up?
I'm using Skycontroller 3 software version 1.6.3

The FreeFlight 6 screen shows green for both my controller and Anafi GPS. But when I attempt Follow Me, FreeFlight 6 says the drone has no GPS and I cannot use Follow Me. What's up?
I'm using Skycontroller 3 software version 1.6.3
You need to turn on GPS on your phone. The skycontroller does not have its own GPS receiver.

GPS is on. SC3 shows strong GPS signal for both controller and drone. When I tap follow me, the pop up screen shows the drone has no GPS signal and I can't use this function.

I would assume that the GPS for the drone has not enough sats, then.
Green for flying and RTH, but "not green" for maneuvering close to ground, tracking the remote.
But that is just an idea, I have never used that feature!

GPS is on. SC3 shows strong GPS signal for both controller and drone. When I tap follow me, the pop up screen shows the drone has no GPS signal and I can't use this function.

I get this all the time, clicking on retry a few times normally causes it to go green and continue to use that mode.

This is on my Galaxy SGS8+

I will try that next time I'm out. Thunderstorms are moving in to my area now. Last time the drone was connected to 19 satellites but follow me screen showed the drone had no GPS signal.

Tapped the retry screen up to 20 times with 19 satellites synced to drone. No joy. No follow me.

Success! I deleted the app and reinstalled FreeFlight6. The App now recognizes the drone as being connected to GPS satellites. However I have to click retry two or three times. Also the App did not recognize my purchases of Follow Me or Flight Plan till I restored purchases on the main screen. I had to scroll all the way to the right to In-app shop and hit restore purchase in the upper right of the screen. Thanks for all your suggestions. Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar