Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Guess What I Found Today

Since the Anafi was lost during the last update I decided to let it update and went out for a test on Precise landing. I laid it down one of my red landing pads with a white and black "H" on it. I took off and let it hover for a few seconds. Using my phone as the controller I just raised it up maybe to about 8-9 feet. It is pretty windy today and the Anafi bounce around a fair amount. I then hit land and it hit the landing pad almost exactly where it took off from. Since the gimbal is non responsive I had no camera control but here is the shaky video. If I cannot fix the gimbal my other option might be using this one for FPV flying. :)

Going over the .JSON file in the Show Anafi Log Project I found this interesting. The cause of the crash\fly away\lose of control was in my mind the broken missing back prop. It all started out with doing a Dolly Zoom. Everything was fine till it reached the max distance for the dolly zoom then the prop broke. It then took off with no control from me other then trying to get it to land. At one point it hit a top speed of 41.92 MPH. Not bad for flying with a missing prop. :) In the chart below you can see how erratic it became after the prop was gone.

• Wow
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Also interesting is the Kml file for google earth. It clearly shows the Anafi going to the right hand side from the last known location. Google maps never showed that amount of detail. Looking at this the Anafi was found about 20 feet to the right of the last known location. To bad the App could not provide this detailed info. If it did I might have been able to find it on day one. :(

• Wow
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
@Agustine :
I ask myself: what did you do with your drone to get it flying again?
Did you open it? Did you have to dry anything inside?

The last three days before I found it was very clear and sunny days. The Anafi was hanging like laundry on a clothes line in the tree so there was no moisture in it. The way it was hanging all winter even if it had snow or even rain it would have dried on the sunny days. So all I did was but it in front of the heat vent for a couple of hours while I charged the battery. Other then the camera gimbal not working which still might be a bad connection it works perfectly. Actually better then it did before with the new firmware LOL

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar