Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Half of Europe's drones now grounded

S.C.C.

Reaction score
Spain, France, Austria, Belgium, nobody is allowed to spend time out, except for some workers, buying food, medical visits, and short exercice !
Some drones are used by officials to patrol above cities with loudspeakers, to discourage people who walk outside.
China looking better, they opened theaters in the Wuhan area today.

Reactions: Zigzag84
Talking of Drones broadcasting messages, I saw a brief video with what looked like a Mavic Pro (2?) that had a speaker strapped on top of it ! So I suppose it's playing a message off of the speakers memory. I wonder how loud it can be though !

Spain was using a 3dr solo it had some sort of tannoy system attached to it, the police officer was sat in his car speaking into a mic and it was coming out of the speaker on the drone

Talking of Drones broadcasting messages, I saw a brief video with what looked like a Mavic Pro (2?) that had a speaker strapped on top of it ! So I suppose it's playing a message off of the speakers memory. I wonder how loud it can be though !

I've seen that in a video, in southern France, the drone was only a few meters high, and the street was almost empty, no real trafic, so I suppose they fly it over the people they see, and that setup is powerful enough. I've seen bigger, professional looking drones in photos chosen to illustrate articles, but that's often pictures randomly extracted fom photo libraries with keywords, so...

One Billion people now quarantined at home... a few users on these forums are in Europe, and some US states also imposed forms of quarantine, they'll have to learn patience, except if they have a large garden !

That's the spirit ! Race mode ?
... hemmm, no, the idea is to practice the ‘precision mode’ in manual flying.
I try to find a way to avoid ‘brutal stops’, each time I make a slight correction, even in film mode, there is a ‘stop’ between transitions that makes the video ‘abrupt’.
I’d like to find a way to fly ‘smooth and continuous’ a little like in DJI ‘no GPS’ or ‘ATTI’´mode.
I have flown for training with a F450 (old DJI big drone) and I try to find parameters that would allow this ‘flow’...
Any idea ?

Some people in the Autel forum have resorted to making 3D printed cruise controls for their controllers. It gives them the smooth transition you talk about.

Exploded View.JPG
Evo Cruise Control V2.jpg

... hemmm, no, the idea is to practice the ‘precision mode’ in manual flying.

Nobody ever gets my jokes...

I try to find a way to avoid ‘brutal stops’, each time I make a slight correction, even in film mode, there is a ‘stop’ between transitions that makes the video ‘abrupt’.
I’d like to find a way to fly ‘smooth and continuous’ a little like in DJI ‘no GPS’ or ‘ATTI’´mode.
I have flown for training with a F450 (old DJI big drone) and I try to find parameters that would allow this ‘flow’...
Any idea ?

Except by playing with settings for each mode, I don't see how you could do that. I have the same "brutal stop" issue, and I agree that more sensibility would be nice for small corrections. On modern RC emitters you can program curves of proportionality/sensibility for each joystick, the Anafi's is quite basic and its joystick maybe quite low "resolution", but I suppose the firmware could change something about that lack of initial sensivity.

Reactions: MustangPhil
... I agree with you, and I was about to write Parrot about that, and to me, it would be more useful than the new ‘race mode’ they added recently.
A ‘smooth flying mode’ would be great !
Then I thought they might have other problems to deal with...
I’ll try to change some settings and will report here my findings...

Reactions: S.C.C.
... I agree with you, and I was about to write Parrot about that, and to me, it would be more useful than the new ‘race mode’ they added recently.
A ‘smooth flying mode’ would be great !
Then I thought they might have other problems to deal with...
I’ll try to change some settings and will report here my findings...

You should write about it. I'll try to say a word about it, too. Not sure if they'll read it, but that's the only way to communicate about it, I suppose.

I already wrote about other issues, but their emails are mostly about returns and warranty, also they don't answer questions, it's a bit confusing... I explained that my drone was still flying after the crash, but I wanted to describe the issue, random changes in altitude without any joystick movement. Now they ask for the picture of the drone, so I send a picture of the tiny part that has come off, asking if I can glue it back with epoxy, and instead of answering that question, they keep asking me a photo of the drone...

The fact that the pandemy is blocking the country is maybe giving them MORE time, who knows...

Reactions: MustangPhil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut