Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Has Parrot confirmed that the Anafi is discontinued?

It is a pretty well known problem with the Anafi. Can we the members of the forum come up with true statistics on how common the "Fall from Sky" event happens? No. I think that Parrot could better elaborate on this if they chose to.
But while there is no data driven stats on this event, there are a large number of posts on this forum of the member's Anafi losing all power and falling.

I had it happen on an Anafi Thermal with 84 flights and 14 flight hours. I then had it happen on an Anafi Work (4K Anafi Package) while on a test flight after a suspect battery made the drone force land with 17% battery life. I furthermore tested that battery again over a pillow in my house and at 17% like clockwork it would fall onto the pillow.

I know a person in my sUAS degree program that had it happen on a brand new drone within 2 weeks of ownership.

My personal belief is that if you allow your batteries to remain at 100% charge and depend on the 10 day self discharge, they become damaged and no longer report the true voltage as compared to percentage. Using the Anafi Mod that shows not only battery percentage but also voltage and allows me to now truly see the disconnect between percentage and voltage on "bad" batteries.

But then again my Anafi Thermal fell with 80% battery percentage.

I will defend the Anafi as a cool little drone, but way too many members here can attest to a "fall from sky" event to write this off as a few bad experiences.

Go above and do a search for fall from sky and you will be quite busy with the sheer number of threads and posts.

It is a pretty well known problem with the Anafi. Can we the members of the forum come up with true statistics on how common the "Fall from Sky" event happens? No. I think that Parrot could better elaborate on this if they chose to.
But while there is no data driven stats on this event, there are a large number of posts on this forum of the member's Anafi losing all power and falling.

I had it happen on an Anafi Thermal with 84 flights and 14 flight hours. I then had it happen on an Anafi Work (4K Anafi Package) while on a test flight after a suspect battery made the drone force land with 17% battery life. I furthermore tested that battery again over a pillow in my house and at 17% like clockwork it would fall onto the pillow.

I know a person in my sUAS degree program that had it happen on a brand new drone within 2 weeks of ownership.

My personal belief is that if you allow your batteries to remain at 100% charge and depend on the 10 day self discharge, they become damaged and no longer report the true voltage as compared to percentage. Using the Anafi Mod that shows not only battery percentage but also voltage and allows me to now truly see the disconnect between percentage and voltage on "bad" batteries.

But then again my Anafi Thermal fell with 80% battery percentage.

I will defend the Anafi as a cool little drone, but way too many members here can attest to a "fall from sky" event to write this off as a few bad experiences.

Go above and do a search for fall from sky and you will be quite busy with the sheer number of threads and posts.
True, I followed this forum since 2018.
But I also was in other drone forums and found MANY reports of crashed drones from all brands.
What does a flying "object" do in the case of a malfunction?
It falls down.
A car with motor fault will just stop driving.
And: a forum like this collects all problems and no goes of the forum's subject.

I can confirm here that Parrot Anafi may be discontinued for good !! Even spare parts is unavailable. My response to a spare part was replied by a Parrot rep from Paris. It seems he ran away hearing me requesting for a simple spare part ! I think he has closed all remaining cells regarding Parrot Anafi/ Thermal requests....:)):)

zero problems with mine as well. 1 fly away after 3rd battery in a row. Maybe heat because I didn't wait between flights but could have been a bug that landed on phone screen (changing a setting) or bug on sensor on bottom of drone in flight. Hit RTH and came back.

With limited parts, I guess Parrot expects this drone is geared toward professional users to come up with their own fixes if something fails. Keeps the pros flying and newbies low.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut