Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help resolving a Battery mounting Issue - will not snap into place???

TJBC75

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased a used (only had 2 flights on it) Parrot Anafi Work Edition. The previous owner purchased it last year and only used it one time and evidently did not like it. The log definitely showed only 2 flights. Upon getting home with the new used Anafi, I charged the batteries that came with it. No problem at all and they all charged to 100%. Flew two batteries flawlessly. When I tried to change the battery to the third one that the Anafi Work edition came with, it would not seat itself all the way into the Anafi receptacle and stopped about 1/16 of an inch before snapping in. Would not move any further in and I did not want to force it. See the attached photo. The other three batteries all seat themselves just fine and work perfectly, but this one seems to have a mind of its own and will stop just short of clicking into place. I have examined both the battery and the Anafi receptacle for obstructions with a magnifying glass, but cannot find anything wrong. I included photos of the battery receptacle on the Anafi and on the problem battery. I also checked the bottom fins on the problem battery and they seem just fine and are the same as the other batteries. Any suggestions/solutions??? Thanks
Anafi close up.jpgBattery close up.jpgBattery stops here.jpg

Since it's only the one battery and the others are seating properly it has to be something with that battery. I looked at one of my batteries under magnification and it appears to match what you have in the picture although it's hard to judge the depth of the various plastic protrusions. I think your best option is to make a very close comparison of this battery to one of the others, checking every detail that would have anything to do with seating the battery.

My money would be on the plastic clips on the bottom of the battery that mate with the slots in the Anafi body being different but I assume that you have measured and compared them with the good batteries.

That is exactly what I have been doing. It's crazy, I've been over the problem battery so many times that I think I know it better then the back of my hand. Compared it to the other batteries that slide in easily and click to fasten and I cannot tell any differences. Driving me nuts. But I do not want to force it in. Cannot figure out if it is something to do with the three fins on the bottom of the battery or the electrical connection between the Anafi and the battery. Anybody else ever run in to this?

Well, definitely don't force it!! Have you taken a thin flat toothpick and measured the depth of all the holes in the battery connector? You might have to shave it to get in the 8 small holes (very gently!). Otherwise, I would scan every single millimeter of the bad battery with a good battery side by side, one millimeter at a time, with a very bright light and from several angles. The problem my be minuscule and only very slow and deliberate scanning might find it.

Also check to see if the bottom of the battery is swollen. It should be completely flat. Parrot used to design their batteries so that a swollen battery will not fit.

Yes, I did take a look at swelling on the bottom as a possibility, but the problem battery is just as flat as the other three batteries that slide on OK. I even got out my digital caliper and did some comparison measurements between the problem battery and the good ones. Nothing seemed out of whack. Baffling.

I had a similar problem and found the front top part, (connector surround) of the battery had come loose slightly and moved forward. It effected the latch.

This is after the Anafi hit a tree. The latch plate came off. It is possible your latch plate is not lined up and lose. I still us this battery but tie it down with elastics. FPV racer quads use velcro straps. Just adapt a new way to hold it in place and go fly.

2019-03-22 14.32.28.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame