Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

High Wind Alert Display?

Naviator

Reaction score
Freeflight 6 V6.2 is supposed to have a new "High Wind Alert" feature on the display screen.

I live near the coast and periodically get to fly in some fairly heavy, gusty wind. My DJI drone often displays a High Wind Warning on it's display, but I have yet to see any from the Anafi, even though the propeller "chatter" and bank angle in hover testifies that the Anafi is dealing with significant wind force.

Anyone else have similar experience?

Freeflight 6 V6.2 is supposed to have a new "High Wind Alert" feature on the display screen.

I live near the coast and periodically get to fly in some fairly heavy, gusty wind. My DJI drone often displays a High Wind Warning on it's display, but I have yet to see any from the Anafi, even though the propeller "chatter" and bank angle in hover testifies that the Anafi is dealing with significant wind force.

Anyone else have similar experience?

I live on a west-facing coast on the northern hemisphere and often fly in strong winds without fear. It's something you get used to.

It's true with DJI's APP constantly providing strong wind warnings. In fact, I have many times received warnings even there is no wind at all. I can only laugh at that warning. That's why I got a shock when the last version FreeFligth 6 suddenly reported strong winds.

Windy warning.jpg

However, it was not entirely unjustified as the wind in the bumps was up close to what Parrot promises an Anafi can take, perhaps over. See the snapshot I got on my old Panasonic 24x zoom camera where Miss Anafi just floats 10 meters above the ground without any stick input.

Hovering.jpg

But my Anafi could easily fly at 100 meters height and take a couple of small good video sequences and 5xABK images without any shaking. In fact, I expect Anafi's camera to be even more stable in high wind/speed than that on my noisy DJI P4A.

My DJI MP I do not want to mention since it only becomes dirty words about that topic. :LOL:

With regard to the wind, just put a finger in the air and fly according to what you feel.

Regards Leif.

Thanks, Leif,

I do very much appreciate the screenshot of the wind warning display, i have yet to see it. I had somehow expected a different configuration, must be from years of DJI flying. Do you have any idea what actual wind parameters trigger the warning?

I too have also observed that the Go4 App frequently gives "High Wind Warnings" in essentially calm conditions...

Flying in wind can be quite enjoyable, when I first started flying fixed wing RC (over 50 plus years ago), we found it to be great fun to take off and land almost vertically in a very stiff wind...

Regards, Michael

Reactions: Landbo
Thanks, Leif,

I do very much appreciate the screenshot of the wind warning display, i have yet to see it. I had somehow expected a different configuration, must be from years of DJI flying. Do you have any idea what actual wind parameters trigger the warning?

I too have also observed that the Go4 App frequently gives "High Wind Warnings" in essentially calm conditions...

Flying in wind can be quite enjoyable, when I first started flying fixed wing RC (over 50 plus years ago), we found it to be great fun to take off and land almost vertically in a very stiff wind...

Regards, Michael

No, I have no real idea when I've only seen that message one time at that flight. There is probably no doubt that Anafi shall bank to a certain degree on holding its position without input on the controller that triggers the warning.

I have not (yet) seen Miss Anafi move backwards from her position as my Mavic Pro does when there's a bit of wind. She remains stable where she is put once for all.

Yes, DJI's error message is a pain in ................... o_O

Yes, I have also tried that many times. It looks particularly fun when a pilot does not realize he needs to give more engine fuel to land the plane safe when it moves backwards in the air/on the ground. In fact, it is more safe to hand-land a fixed-wing aircraft under those conditions. ;)

Regards Leif.

The DJI Spark high wind warning was a pita, way too sensitive, triggered in as little as 10kts. Pretty much during every flight. Hated it.

Glad the Anafi warning isn't like this. If it came up in safe conditions, it'd be effectively the same as not having it.

yeah i got the "dangerous conditions" warning today. 13mph winds forecast from ground level and the drone was going from 4mps to 11mps depending on direction. so i'd agree with the warning, good to have to be honest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut