Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HUD on FPV, no menu?

tundrawolf

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to get some kind of HUD with the FPV using cockpitglasses 1. Every guide says hit the menu button on the skycontroller, but when I go, it does nothing. How do I access the FPV/Goggle settings and initiate some sort of HUD? It would be nice to see statistics/battery life and not have anxiety about the status of the drone in FPV. Even if I could access the FPV settings HUD-wise without being in FPV mode, that would be fine, too, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the program.

Also, what is you guys' opinion of the clarity in FPV? Is it the camera, the feed, or is it just my cell phone's screen resolution? It looks marginally better than low-def video, I'm hoping it's just my phone.

Hello,new member & new to drones! The parrot manuals online seem to be a bit out of date and refer to crosses that have to be lined up in fpv config mode....but I am having similar issues to you with cockpit glasses 2 .
In fpv config I can make adjustments left/right/forward/back,but when switching back using the B button on the controller it's back to the regular piloting screen,no adjustments saved. Parrot either expect us to fly with no hud data or something is wrong,be it the program or user error,shame really because I bought the Bebop 2 FPV because of the FPV option (amongst other good reasons for buying it).
Options: contact Parrot
try another pilot app,like Auriga,
Think I'll do both. Also, as for clarity,well,it's a bit grainy,if you film in 1080 you get a 480 feed,film in 720 you get a 720 feed.

Ah,that explains that then! Don't think my iPad will fit in the cockpit goggles,but the Mrs may have an iPod that might!!! Thanks for the tip!

Hi,

I am trying to get some kind of HUD with the FPV using cockpitglasses 1. Every guide says hit the menu button on the skycontroller, but when I go, it does nothing. How do I access the FPV/Goggle settings and initiate some sort of HUD? It would be nice to see statistics/battery life and not have anxiety about the status of the drone in FPV. Even if I could access the FPV settings HUD-wise without being in FPV mode, that would be fine, too, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the program.

Also, what is you guys' opinion of the clarity in FPV? Is it the camera, the feed, or is it just my cell phone's screen resolution? It looks marginally better than low-def video, I'm hoping it's just my phone.
If u get s6 or less it will work any thing more than wont needs updating but parrot not interested

Ah,that explains that then! Don't think my iPad will fit in the cockpit goggles,but the Mrs may have an iPod that might!!! Thanks for the tip!

Hello, people!
I was another one that was complaining a lot because telemetry doesn't show up in HUD on Android. I had a Samsung S7 and no telemetry on HUD... nothing worked, except the full screen from my drone.
Today, believe it or not, I was flying my Bebop 2 through my wife's iPhone (because I've just crashed badly my BB2 because I paid no attention to 'no telemetry' and simply forgot the battery status...). So, I decided to give one last shot trying my new mobile, a Samsung S10... I was skeptical, but... VOILÁ!!!

HUD was perfect, telemetry either! It is now possible to cycle through screens by pressing L2 button!

I have Android 9, up to date, Skycontroller 2 with version 1.0.9, BB2 software 4.7.1 and Freeflight Pro 5.2.5.

It seems that I finally be able to stop borrowing my wife's mobile! ;-)

I had submitted a trouble ticket with Parrot for this issue about a year ago and the only response I received was that "the developers are working on it"
A couple of days ago, I got an email stating the problem had been resolved. I went out and tried it, and sure enough, it works great!
I am using a Galaxy S7 with Android 8.0.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood