Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I Froze the Parrot ANAFI to see if it would fly

MustangPhil

Reaction score
Excellent !! Really interesting and funny Flight !!

For the ‘scientific’ aspect of the ‘close’ precision landing ;o)... I’d like to add a little comment on that :

I guess the Anafi takes a ‘picture of the take-off scene’ so it can compare the take-off scene with the landing scene when it comes back, and do a sort of alignment of both to say ... ok I was here, I can land.

But what you did is the following :

- Take off with your glove in the snow ... just close to the Anafi so it is part of the ‘take-off scene’. When you Returned to home, your glove was on your hand ... so that’s change number 1.
- You walked all around the landing pad during the flight, and during the approach phase of the Return To Home, adding lots of footprints in the snow that were not there at take-off Time... change number 2
- The change number 3 is so huge, I’m surprised you did not see it during video edition : you changed your position relative to the landing pad between the take off and the landing, in a way your shadow is projected right in the landing scene.

Conclusion No1 : Miss Anafi is quite good as playing the game of the 7 errors (Sorry I don’t know if it exists in English)

Conclusion No2 : If miss Anafi hears you saying ‘that was close’ , she may kick your *** !

Conclusion No3 : Yeah...-16°C... She Must kick your *** !!! Don’t you dare ?

Skydreamer

Reaction score
If i had message on my phone that says :”temp. of the phone is to low”,there wouldnt be any test done at all but hey its guys like him that help us save our drones by doing all those crazy tests

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska

Cap_Caos

Reaction score
I flew at similar temperatures, and it happened to me that the phone gave me the message "temperature too low to charge the battery", but this was a telephone warning. clearly taking off and landing on the hand. No problem with the drone. One day I left the battery on the drone and I had the message "battery temperature too low". In that case I had to put a hotter (which I had in the jacket) otherwise it did not even start the engines. Apart from keeping the batteries warm, and then unloading them a little, winter flights can be done.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska

Dirk_ANAFI

Reaction score
I flew at similar temperatures, and it happened to me that the phone gave me the message "temperature too low to charge the battery", but this was a telephone warning. clearly taking off and landing on the hand. No problem with the drone. One day I left the battery on the drone and I had the message "battery temperature too low". In that case I had to put a hotter (which I had in the jacket) otherwise it did not even start the engines. Apart from keeping the batteries warm, and then unloading them a little, winter flights can be done.
I hope, that our smart Anafi battery NEVER will come to the opinion "battery temperature too low" while in mid-flight (and cut off power). 😉

Reactions: Skydreamer

Cap_Caos

Reaction score
I think it's difficult to happen: the discharge during the flight causes heat, so unless you fly at extreme temperatures, nothing should happen

999shorty

Reaction score
I had the battery temperature too low warning but it still let me take off. I then thought better of it and landed just in case. Does anyone know what temperature this happens at?

Cap_Caos

Reaction score
I had the warning of low temperature, but can fly down to -5°C
Only one time warning and it not power the engines.
If It let ti fly, just heat a little the battery hovering. When message go away, you are in safe temperature range.

Reactions: 999shorty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STEVETODD