Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I have no idea where this is going. Just posting a video from this guy.

He lost me at removing the top cover lmao........not good with electronics nor do I have steady hands; if I did what he did.....I'm sure I going to snap a wire lol. I'm gonna keep mine stock. :LOL:

I have a strong suspicion that this mod just might have a negative effect on any warranty claims...

Reactions: Landbo
Pass....... Not sure how this will help in high interference areas where channels are occupied with wifi routers anyway. Better to use fake GPS and unlock the FCC channels.

My concern would be how many people got sold on all the flashing lights and hype, strip the drone down thinking "that looks easy enough", reassemble..... and big fail.... Anafi no work!!!!!

The guy is obviously a bit of a wizard with the electronics (and the film making) and he does make it look fairly easy, but my god a lot of them parts are so tiny and delicate...... One slip and the lot goes.

No real evidence of exactly what gains can be achieved with all this work.

Um... no. I've modded plenty of things in the past. I used to be an electronics tech. But that mod feels dodgy, the process to install feels dodgy and the inventor...

What ever happened to adding a directional antenna to the controller and perhaps a Clover Leaf Omni-Directional Circular Polarized antenna to the quad like the old days :)
Little quad racers have Clover Leaf Omni-Directional Circular Polarized antennas why can't the Anafi LOL

20181102_145707.jpg

What ever happened to adding a directional antenna to the controller and perhaps a Clover Leaf Omni-Directional Circular Polarized antenna to the quad like the old days :)
Little quad racers have Clover Leaf Omni-Directional Circular Polarized antennas why can't the Anafi LOL
Because you lose about 3dBi of gain when using a circularly polarized antenna when compared to a linear polarized antenna, so it won't help with range. Why they're used on miniquads is because most miniquad FPV flying is done in the fresnel zone close to the ground and near hard surfaces, so multipath interference is a huge problem, not necessarily signal gain itself.

I don't think you'd be terribly happy with the CP antenna for long range flying, but perhaps it'd be helpful in urban environments or corridor/canyon type environments.

Reactions: Landbo
This guy is a guru of bebop since few years, I was following him from the Parrot Community Forum (just have a look on his channel).
He received a lot of critics and gone.

Dang but that seems a bit dodgy. While I might be able to pull it off, I i would totally not be cool with losing my warranty.

Solaris mods a well calibrated and work always,there are not easy to install mostly because of total dismantle of drone....soldering and drilling is not big deal,it is taking appart and then putting everything together that takes a lot of time(for someone who doesnt do it every day).FCC rulles are simple,device(in this case Anafi) must have signal that does not inerfere with other devices,Must accept interferance from other devices....i would say his mod “doesnt accept” interferance from other devices.....here are some numbers with bebop 2 mod(different drone but similar mod):
At 700m (stock) i had 78db,screen was flickering and few seconds later i lost fpv and control due wifi interferance .
Same spot at 700m with solaris mod signal was 72db,no flickering,no signal loss...at 900m signal was 74db,at that point i was almost past wifi interferance and numbers dropped down,at 1500m signal was 68db.....there is always more range with his mods even if is only few hundred meters,still more than what you can get with stock.....on his ebay page he states that he is stil not sure bout price,699$ for mod and 999$ for shiping and handling is just a joke(he can be funny sometimes)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut