Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ice House remains

Since the video feed from the Bebop2 is not high resolution and the bright sun makes it hard to see at times, I will fly over something interesting and only see it after I download and look at the video on the computer, so I did not take a snapshot from the drone. The software I use for video editing is Corel Videostudio Pro. I can freeze the video to show something interesting. What I do is put the video on the timeline as picture 1 shows. I stopped the video at something interesting (where you see the white vertical line on the bottom) I use the scissor tool to split the video clip into 2 at that point. (picture 2) I then go to my edit menu and take a snapshot at that point, it makes a BMP file from the video clip at that frame. (picture 3). I then take that snapshot and drag it between the split video clip. I can then change how long I want to display the picture and I then add a title if I want. Once rendered, the video plays and then freezes at that point for how many seconds I told it to display the snapshot, then continues the video.

Mike

Attachments

• Split clip 1.jpg
    Split clip 1.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Split clip 2.jpg
    Split clip 2.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Split clip 3.jpg
    Split clip 3.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Split clip 4.jpg
    Split clip 4.jpg
    647.9 KB · Views: 4
Here is another example. This flight it was hard to spot remains with all the evergreen trees. It wasn't until I looked at the video frame to frame to see what it recorded. So I used that trick to highlight the remains. This was also my longest flight and furthest distance.

I think he was asking about your telemetry data. I use Dashware, Race render 3 or flightdata manager to get the same telemetry information displayed on the video overlay. I prefer Dashware myself.

Reactions: dashSolo
I think he was asking about your telemetry data. I use Dashware, Race render 3 or flightdata manager to get the same telemetry information displayed on the video overlay. I prefer Dashware myself.

Are those also free programs? I use flight data manager now and has worked will to download the flight data. With Garmin VIRB, I have to run the video files downloaded from the Bebop2 through a converter first since the MP4 Codec they use is a bit odd and it won't import the clips. For that I use any video converter which is free and can do a batch of files in one shot.

Mike

I like that Mike - using drone's to track relicts of the past. Never heard of Ice harvesting though. So they stored the ice to ensure water provisions during spring and summer? Was that the intention?
cheers!

Before refrigeration The ice was cut up and stored for the summer. This was back in the days when people had "ice boxes" in their house. The cut ice was delivered and that was how you kept your food cold

Ice harvesting ended in 1948 when refrigeration was invented.

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut