Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Internal Clock Setting

Winston Bull

Reaction score
So, I pulled out Bob (the Old Bebop2) and took her out for a test flight, came back to see how images/video looked, and was immediately reminded why I stopped flying her: some of the stuff appears to have been filmed in early Feb of *1966*--a few weeks before I was even born. Who knew they even had flying Bebops back then....?

So, the big question: anyone have any sense what is going on? The time stamps--as I look at them on iPhone/iPad are all over the map--not consistent within a given flight. Sometimes the more recent ones get the year, even the date right but the time is still off, and not just by an hour (as if it were sensing the wrong time zone) but by various minutes as well.

Any thoughts.....?

The BEBOP 2 takes the clock of the APP and the APP from the device its installed. The coin battery on the GPS module may be dead so it cant hold the clock after its been left for a long time.

Thanks for the help, but I am still confused:
By "APP" do you mean the FreeFlight app or is "APP" short for something else?

And is the coin battery you mentioned actually a separate battery located somewhere in the bird? (If so, where?)

Thanks for the help, but I am still confused:
By "APP" do you mean the FreeFlight app or is "APP" short for something else?

And is the coin battery you mentioned actually a separate battery located somewhere in the bird? (If so, where?)

By APP I mean application. All applications Freeflight Pro, Free Flight 6 , Auriga all are applications.

The battery is on the GPS module. The little square board that is above the camera.

Cheers
Ant

Cool--thank you for the help. Will see if that is the issue. Hoping it is not too big a deal to get in there
Cheers

Does the Parrot Anafi have the same battery located in the same place? I had a look and cant see a battery.
My problem is that the Date stamp on the videos and Pictures properties is December 30th 1979.

Does the Parrot Anafi have the same battery located in the same place? I had a look and cant see a battery.
My problem is that the Date stamp on the videos and Pictures properties is December 30th 1979.
The Anafi does not have a battery like the BEBOP and BEBOP 2/2P. I leave one battery on the drone to eliminate the time / date reset issue.

The Anafi does not have a battery like the BEBOP and BEBOP 2/2P. I leave one battery on the drone to eliminate the time / date reset issue.
Thanks for the reply, I wrote to Parrot to see if they can help but nothing back just a case Number. Its happened since I installed a new 128GB memory card, swapping back to the 32GB card has the same result wrog creation date stamp. It looks like a legacy bit of code from the DOS days has been left in the software maybe.

Thanks for the reply, I wrote to Parrot to see if they can help but nothing back just a case Number. Its happened since I installed a new 128GB memory card, swapping back to the 32GB card has the same result wrog creation date stamp. It looks like a legacy bit of code from the DOS days has been left in the software maybe.
Could you possibly try. Factory reset the ANAFI, ensure your app is online and connected with the controller. The initialisation should pull the date and time during the process. If this does not work, repeat the process but with the controller off and only the Phone / tablet connected directly to the drone.

Hi I tried bot methods with no sucess date still the same in 1979. Hmmmm dont know whats going on at all.
It dosnt seem to affect the drone its just anoying that something so fundamental is screwed up.

Hi I tried bot methods with no sucess date still the same in 1979. Hmmmm dont know whats going on at all.
It dosnt seem to affect the drone its just anoying that something so fundamental is screwed up.
Could you please, advice what all you have tried so I can advise if there are some other things yet to try. Also what firmware version is on the ANAFI. Usually how they work is they Sync the details from the control device. Time, date, country etc. So something is not aligning.

Could you please, advice what all you have tried so I can advise if there are some other things yet to try. Also what firmware version is on the ANAFI. Usually how they work is they Sync the details from the control device. Time, date, country etc. So something is not aligning.
I have done factory reset twice on controler and drone, reformated the SD Card twice and followed your instructions.
I took the drone and controler outside to get good gps reception before factory reset both times on drone and controler.
Where can I find the firmware version of the drone and controler please? I can find the software version and it says up to date.

I have done factory reset twice on controler and drone, reformated the SD Card twice and followed your instructions.
I took the drone and controler outside to get good gps reception before factory reset both times on drone and controler.
Where can I find the firmware version of the drone and controler please? I can find the software version and it says up to date.
To find the drone details tap on the Icon of the drone on the main screen.

I have just been through all of my drone video and Still photographs and noticed that It was putting an incorrect creation date prior to the 28th April after that it changed to 1979. file P0010001

Previously File P0050010 created 14th April shows a creation date of ‎23 ‎April ‎2021, ‏‎21:43:35 (A week after it was filmed)
file P0120012 modified ‎31 ‎December ‎2020, ‏‎13:47:48 HAS NO Creation Date at all.So have other files.
Has anyone else seen this? its very strange.
23rd April wrong creation date.jpgNo cREATION dATE.jpg1979 Creation date.jpg

Yes. Phone iOS updated, App Updated, Firmware was flashed, drone was soft-reset and initialised. All was well afterwords.

OK I seem to be getting close to a solution, seems that the drone is not formating the SD Card correctly which is resulting in this date creation error. The card is formated FAT32 by the drone but for some reason it formats it with this date error.
I am going to re-format the cards Again and see what haapens.
OK Well some time later I have found that if using the properties viewer in Windows 10 it shows 1979 as creationdate, if I open it with a pictuer viewer and took at file info it shows thecorrect creation date.
The only thing I can conclude is that because the SD Card is formated FAT32 The MBR is Linux File store gadget USB Device. So I think windows is picking something up from there.
Iam giving up on it for now

Last edited:
There is no mention of a coin battery in the manual
No I had a good read of the manual as well. I got that very eary on in my investigation from another thread with a similar problem.
The SD cards are formated by the Parrot Anafi as FAT 32 but have a Linux Boot sector on them which I am presuming is where the false date is coming from. But I have now stopped worrying about it as there seems to be nothing I can do about it unlass I go in and modify the boot sector with a Hex editor which I havnt got the time or inclination to do now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
droneflyer2024