Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is anyone in the UK still flying their ANAFI and happy?

Mattsw11

Reaction score
Hi I've been flying an ANAFI through work ( UK MOD) as well as a range of other UAS - DJI etc but for a variety of reasons the Parrot has always been my fav , in particular the hand launch feature has really proven its use. I've also got a Mavic Mini of my own but still really like the ANAFI so when the opportunity came to purchase a second user with extended fly kit on eBay I did. Was flying all good for a while and really enjoyed but I've now suddenly started having a number of problems ( battery related I believe) and rather stupidly as Parrot still support ANAFI through work I hadn't sussed that they no longer supported the community for leisure use. Does anyone still fly ANAFI in the UK and hopefully offer advice? Matt

I suspect the batteries are the fault having read threads on here. Drone was flying fine and I admit I haven't been doing much outdoors due to the weather we have been having if late but have done a couple of flights in the lounge etc just to keep my hand, check the gimbal and camera calibration etc. as you do. The other day all was going fine until all of a sudden it came up with a critical battery warning and ' landing' whereupon it attempted to land and before I could abort or override it crashed into a coffee table breaking a prop.

I had charged it fully the night before both battery and controller and at the time of the crash controller was showing 75% and the battery as 67% with three out of four lights green. Having changed all the props I took it out yesterday into the common , did all the system checks but on take off pretty much same thing happened , only ascended to about 2 metres as it should then started to pitch and roll , again pretty much the same , seemed to have no power to ascend , critical battery landing warning , followed by a crash. Again battery was showing three out of four green and 85%

Hi Liger , thanks for response and link to the App. To be honest I'm not really interested in.messing around with the mapping etc but the voltage feature would be a real plus. Also being able to view the telemetric data for the last 20 mins would be really useful as well . At the moment however I'm not able to get the mod to install. The link posted takes me to the right files on Google however when click on FC6_6_6_2_FCC_ Battery.apk which I think is the mod I want it asks me if I want to update FreeFlight6 and when I click yes it seems to all be going through but then reports 'App not installed' . When I then check the display it appears nothing has changed and certainly no voltage display?

Drone reports it is running on Software version 1.8.2 and when I check the battery with a multimeter it is showing 7.80v which seems ok to me . Have just ordered two new replacement batteries from Amazon but they are coming from China so will be a couple of weeks or so so I might have to wait till then.

V1.8.2 is the latest firmware for the Anafi.

You need the 6.7.6 version of both the Play Store and modified apps. You also need to follow the instructions regarding saving the OBB file, uninstalling the Parrot FF6 app, installing the modified app and then copying the saved OBB file to the correct directory. It should all be fully explained in the (long) thread.

Your voltage of 7.80v is OK for storage but the actual voltage during flight would be less than that hence the modified app is very useful. I hope that your new batteries solve your problem.

Where abouts in the UK are you out of interest?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53