Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is it safe to fly the Anafi when it is wet outside?

Shiningmonk

Reaction score
Some of the Anafi's parts are not sealed, and I wonder if it's safer not to fly when it's even slightly wet outside (i.e. very light drizzle or even no rain but moisture in the air)?

Reasonable humidity should be ok as long as the Anafi isn't a lot colder than the surroundings. Drizzle - I'm not sure, it might be ok and I have got away with a few bouts of unexpected rain, but I don't fly in it deliberately.

I seem to recall, before putting covers on my motors, that the innards of the motor were pretty exposed to the elements, like in the image below:

I seem to recall, before putting covers on my motors, that the innards of the motor were pretty exposed to the elements, like in the image below:

View attachment 1942

Yes. It looks exposed. Has anybody actually got any stories of the time it rained and the Anafi fell out of the sky? I haven't come across any. My motors are as naked as nature and Parrot intended. Obviously I don't launch in the rain, well, not proper rain, but my Anafis have been rained on and there hasn't been any hint of problems. Just because people are selling a solution it doesn't follow that there is actually a problem.

Reactions: Davep455
My own personal calculation of risk is could I do it when it's a gentle rain or lighter? Yes. Is it worth it to me? No.

Moisture and electronics don’t mix. Anafi isn’t sealed and i wouldn’t want to risk moisture getting into the camera, gimbal or into the battery connectors.

If you want to fly in drizzle or rain, get a Spry but deal with lower range and unstabilized video. Great pics though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caddyb0y